Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace and quiet.

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Peace and quiet. Empty Peace and quiet.

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:37 am

Jared rode his gorgeous, cherry bay mare up the hill. His pale green eyes blazed with excitement. He rode along the trails, passing many people. Although this place was popular, it was quite peaceful. Humming to himself, he looked around. This trail was well known to the riders of Campton Stables. It was hidden within the forest, little rays of light peaked through the canopy of tall trees. The leaves and grass were a lime green while the tree trunks and fallen logs were a saddle brown. The boy smiled and clicked his tongue, urging his mare into a faster pace.
Guavauliluth pricked her ears to the fullest, her pace was even and smooth, every stride was done with grace and perfection. She moved into a slow canter as she heard Jared's tongue click encouragingly and his heels squeeze at her sides. The mare exhaled softly and saw a figure coming up ahead, her eyes brightening with excitement.

[This is where you come in.. xD]
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Peace and quiet. Empty Re: Peace and quiet.

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 am

Alice giggled quietly as she trotted away from the stable, no one knew she was going out riding. She didn't bother with her helmet, she knew Secret wouldn't spook. The girl urged her colt forward. The friesian tucked his head when she commanded it and trotted through the trees. Alice rode her horse bareback and with a bit less bridle. She heard another horse up a head and her eyes glistened with excitement. The girl normally got to see the wild horses out here.
Secret pricked his delicate ears at the sounds of the birds. He easily trotted through the trees and jumped over the logs. He smelt another horse nearby but it wasn't wild this time. The colt started to canter gracefully towards the other horse.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:03 am

Jared could see the horse-and-human figure up ahead and kept his eyes on the pair closely. His golden blonde hair shined underneath the afternoon sun as a few rays peaked through the canopy. He hadn't bothered with a helmet today, as they were aiming for a carefree ride.
Once they were close enough, he could now see the horse and human a bit better. The human was a girl, she was young and slim. Her skin was pale, but it was a little darker than bone-white and her hair was a dark color, whipping out behind her as her horse moved fluently across the soft, dirt trail. She had lilac purple colored eyes with dark lashes that framed her eyes. He was now close enough that she would see a smile crossing his light features. He hadn't seen her around here before. But he hadn't seen a lot of people around here before.
Guavauliluth picked up scent that the horse approaching was a colt. He was a friesian with graceful strides that matched himself. Her eyes briefly flickered up to the girl who was riding the colt, she was also graceful with her commands and she was beautiful. The mare slowed and flicked her tail, wondering if they would stop and talk or continue on their way.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:14 am

Alice slowed Secret to a trot as they grew close to the horse and human. Soon they were at a walk and she wasn't holding the reins tight. She could see a smile on the boys face and looked down at herself. She wasn't dressed appropriately to go riding. The girl was wearing a white dress and no shoes. Her hair was out in a tangle of mess. But, she had just escaped from a family day.
The boy was quite cute. He had pale green eyes and blonde hair. He looked like he was kind enough to talk to but her parents always told her not to talk to strangers. Maybe just this once she could. They wouldn't know. She glanced down at his horse. Most likely a thoroughbred. A very beautiful thoroughbred.
Secret watched as they got near the other horse. He pricked his ears and snorted quietly. The horse was a mare. He noticed how elegant she was. The colt stayed in a trot for Alice but was curious of this mare. Secret glanced at the boy on the mares back.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:46 am

Jared continued smiling in a friendly manner towards the girl as they came closer and closer. He could know see the girl and her horse better. They were meant to be riding together, they looked graceful and absolutely eye-catching. Slowly, he slowed Guavauliluth and eventually halted her. The boy raised a hand in a sort of wave and dropped it, looking apalled. He looked away from her, then back, "Hey," Jared said quietly. He was unsure if she was going to stop or not, it was kind of be embarrassing if she didn't but it was worth a try. The boy suddenly found himself lost of words.
Guavauliluth nickered softly to the colt as she halted and swished her dark tail, flicking her forelock into her eyes to shade them from the glaring sun.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:53 am

Alice made the colt side step and halt to the side of them. They weren't exactly next to each other either. She let go of the reins and stroked Secret softly. "Hi," she whispered to the boy. She chuckled softly, noticing he didn't know what to say. The girl played with her hair, twisting it around her finger while watching the boy. Alice smiled, showing her white teeth, her eyes were glistening in the sunlight. She glanced down at the mare and back to the boy.
Secret nickered a gentle hello towards the horse and rider. Normally he got told to bow towards the other horse but couldn't this time. Instead, he ducked his head in a mini bow. The colt lowered his head to take a nip at the grass. Turning his head, he placed his muzzle on Alice's leg.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:02 am

Jared finally felt his body relax back into the saddle as she decided to stop. He glanced down at her horse for a minute, then looked back up to her purple eyes. They were different, but at the same time, beautiful. "Hello," He said again, feeling more confident than before, "I am Jared, and this is my horse, Guavauliluth, Guava for short." The boy told her, stroking his mare's cherry bay neck with ease admiration. He had always considered his mount beautiful. Jared looked back up, "I also have another horse back at the stable, his name is Spakanuraeth, Spak for short," The boy added, running a hand through his hair lightly.
Guavauliluth listened and nickered to the colt in greeting, snorting as she heard Jared say her name in introduction. She smiled to herself and lightly pawed the ground restlessly, then turned around and itched her stomach, near the girth of the saddle.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 am

Alice listened to the boy and scratched Secret's muzzle when she felt it on her leg. She smiled towards Jared. He seemed to talk a lot or maybe he was just nervous. She chuckled to herself as she watched the boy. She rubbed her foot along her horses stomach while she listened. "Nice to meet you, I'm Alice," she introduced herself with a small smile. The girl gave Secret another scratch, "This is one of my horses, his barn name is Secret," she told the boy. The girl leaned back and touched her feet to the back of the colt's legs, signaling him to bow.
Secret snorted. He felt her feet and started to bow down but didn't get all the way to the ground. He was worried that Alice would fall off if he did. The colt stood back up and pricked his ears towards Guava. He turned back towards the way they had come, towards their home.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Jared nodded his head towards the girl and reached out, gently stroking Secret's forehead, pulling back. "He's gorgeous," He told her honestly and caught something moving out the corner of his eye. The boy rotated in his saddle and saw a mare, about 5 yrs old with a tiny foal by her side. They must be wild, he thought. The mare was a gorgeous palomino Arabian and the foal was a pretty cremello. Wild Arabian's around here were rare and they were also a prize. He turned back in his saddle to face Alice, "Hey! Look at them," Jared whispered quietly, trying not to startle them.
Guavauliluth turned her attention to the mare and foal, whickering softly, knowing they would hear it. She swished her tail with excitement and watched as the mare's ears flicked in her direction. The mare snorted softly and turned back to Secret, brushing her muzzle against his in greeting.

Mystic (mother) - https://2img.net/h/i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/OBYABOU/003_palomino_arabian.jpg

Tango (colt) - https://2img.net/h/i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/PurplePeggi/Foals/article-0-016CDAD300000578-896_468x.jpg

Last edited by KateKat on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Alice smiled towards Jared, "Thank-you," she muttered and stroked her horses neck. She slowly held her hand out to Guava and touched her muzzle gently. She looked up to see wild horses and grinned. Turning Secret towards the horses, she clicked her tongue once and headed closer to the horses. "The mare I named Mystic and her foal is Tango," she told Jared with a smile, "I normally come out here to see them." The girl slid off Secret's back and walked slowly towards Mystic and Tango. She crouched down and held out her hand, waiting for them to come say hello.
Secret nickered softly out to Mystic and pawed the ground. His eyes showed excitement. He paused slightly as Guava brushed her muzzle against his and smiled. The colt nodded and walked towards the 'wild horses', staying behind Alice.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Jared smiled at the names of the horses, she must of named them, or maybe everyone at the stables new about them and someone else named them. "Did you name them yourself?" He asked, dismounting off Guava and started following Alice while leading her with the reins towards the wild horses. The boy gently stroked Guava's muzzle as they walked and crouched down once Alice had stopped.
Guava nickered to Mystic and Tango, her eyes shadowed with pure excitement. She swished her tail and lowered her head to graze beside Jared as he crouched with her eyes watching Mystic and Tango.
Mystic looked up from grazing, feeling the warmth of her foal's coat brush against her flanks. She nickered and shook her flaxen mane, she was used to humans as most of them came to see her during their trail rides, they had even gave her a name. The mare snorted quietly and took a step forward, her ears flicking.
Tango whinnied and reared with a playful flick of his fluffy tail. He followed his mother closely, staying by her side, even as she moved. The colt never trusted humans that easy, but he had grown to like them. He sneezed and started suckling from his mother hungrily.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Alice smiled at Tango, he was such a cutie. The girl looked at Jared, "I named them myself. Hardly anyone knows about them since they normally get caught by other humans. They know they can trust me though, that I wouldn't hurt them. I've told my dad about them and he says I should round them in but I refused. They are better off wild," she took a breath. She stood slowly and glanced back at Secret, "Stay boy," she whispered and moved towards the wild horses slowly. She kept her hand stretch out and finally touched Mystic's muzzle, "Hey there big girl." Alice brushed her hand down Mystic's neck slowly. She kneeled down beside Tango and scratched his rump softly.
Secret stood obediently with Jared and Guava. He swished his tail and stretched his neck out towards Mystic. The colt snorted and lowered his head to graze. He picked up one of his hind legs and threw it down towards the ground.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Jared watched as Alice approached the wild horses, he was scared for her safety but from what he just heard, he knew she would be fine. These wild horses seemed quite tame. He kept still, not daring to move closer as Alice done because he could scare them away. The boy chuckled as the colt reared up playfully and watched the protective mare with her colt.
Guava pricked her ears and whipped her tail anxious against her back legs, she wanted to go up and meet the other horses. She took a step forward but was pushed back by Jared and snorted in irritation.
Mystic felt her skin quiver relaxingly under Alice's touch, she extended her neck forward and pushed on Alice's arm, swishing her white tail in the afternoon breeze. She twisted her neck around to check on her colt and nudged him gently as he suckled from her.
Tango wagged his short, stubby tail as Alice stroked his rump but didn't move from his mothers teats. He watched the new horse and boy out the corner of his eye warily.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Alice chuckled at the mare and foal. She took a feather out of her hair and tangled it in the mare's mane. "You're a good girl," she whispered patting Mystic softly. She looked at Jared and smiled a little shy, "You can come up and say hello." The girl looked towards her horse and smiled. She lifted her hand and motioned for him to slowly come forward. When Secret began walking, she walked a little way to meet him. "Say hello boy," she told him in her chirpy, kind voice. Once Secret had bowed, she skipped a little way away from the wild horses and chuckled.
Secret swished his tail lightly and came towards the horses slowly, he reached out and touched his muzzle to Mystic's. The colt pulled away and bowed down in front of them. Seeing Alice skip away, Secret neighed and half reared playfully, chasing after her.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Jared stood up and walked towards the wild horses and gently touched Mystic's muzzle, scratching it gently, then stroked Tango's back. He glanced at the pretty feather in Mystic's mane that Alice had put there and glanced back at her, taking his hand off Tango, "Have you ever tried to ride them?" The boy asked curiously, shoving his hands in his pockets.
Guavauliluth nickered and followed Jared forward, sniffing the mare curiously, then gently nudged the foal. He was cute. She chuckled and raised her head proudly, arching her neck with grace.
Mystic pricked her ears and nickered softly as Alice placed the feather in her mane neatly and watched Jared, Secret and Guava. She smiled politely at the two horses and carefully watched the boy as he stroked her foal, brushing her muzzle back against Secret's then repeated the process with Guava.
Tango pulled his head away from his mum and started trotting with a little spring around his mum, his cremello coat standing out under the pale light. He whinnied and stumbled a few steps, tripping over his lanky legs.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 am

Alice pushed Secret on the neck as he came cantering towards her and darted to the side. She skipped back towards Mystic and Tango. "I don't deserve to ride them, no-one does. They are wild, they aren't suppose to have human contact," she told Jared with a little frown on her face. No human deserved to ride a wild horse. They were wild for a reason. The girl stopped a little way from the horses and Jared. "I'm pretty sure Mystic would let me ride her since I don't use a saddle and I use a bit-less bridle but, I don't want her to get use to being ridden otherwise she won't run from ropes," the girl told Jared. She was passionate about Mystic and Tango. Alice hoped that Tango would still learn to run from ropes as he grew. The girl sat down on the grass, her dress flowing out as she did.
Secret whinnied towards Alice as she ran away from him again. He reared playfully and turned to trot after her. He pricked his ears and threw his head around a bit. The colt halted near her and started grazing, noticing that Alice had sat down and probably wasn't going anywhere now.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:14 am

The boy nodded understandingly, he wouldn't have tried to ride them anyway. He sat down on the grass next to her but kept a comfortable distance between them, pushing his palms into the grass behind him so his hands were holding up his upper body. Jared watched the horses, "So, when did you first find them?" He asked, his curiosity growing.
Guava watched Secret run around and drifted off slightly from the others and started grazing, chewing harshly at the bit, it was getting annoying.
Mystic pricked her ears and listened to the humans conversation, she snorted and flicked her ears back, she would trust Alice to ride her, but she didn't like the idea of it. The mare started to groom her foal gently.
Tango stood still and let his mother groom him, lowering his muzzle and nudging Alice's arm playfully.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:28 am

Alice reached out and scratched Tango's muzzle, "I found them a couple months ago," she told him with a smile. "I was surprised at how well they didn't mind me being around. I never thought I would get this close to a wild horse," she chuckled slightly at the wild horses and reached back for Secret. She stood slightly and ties the reins to the bit-less bridle around Secret's neck so he wouldn't get it caught on anything. "So do you normally come near here? I haven't seen you around before," the girl asked Jared as she sat back down. Alice touched Mystic's legs softly and glanced up at her. She knew Mystic well enough to know she could probably get on her but didn't want to try. The girl looked into the mares eyes for a while and turned back to Jared. Alice glanced at Guava, "Have you ever tried a bit-less bridle on Guava?" she asked Jared also, "Her bit seems to annoy her."
Secret pricked his ears at Mystic and Tango. He was so used to being around them. He stood behind Alice and nuzzled her hair gently. The colt stood still as she tied the reins up and then started grazing again.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 am

Jared tittered under his breath, so quiet Alice wouldn't of heard him, she seemed to talk a lot. "Well, I only started riding last month and I spend most of my time out at the old training ring so I won't be bothered. Most people have warned me away, saying its haunted but I haven't found anything haunting about it, its actually quite lovely out there," He said and got read to answer her next question, "No, I haven't actually, but I will once I learn to ride properly and stuff." The boy said and glanced over at his mare who was chewing the bit harshly.
Guavauliluth sighed and walked over to a puddle of water, taking a small drink.
Mystic shifted weight slightly and dropped onto her knees on the grass and rested, her stomach bloating a little. She was pregnant again, Alice didn't even know, but Tango did.
Tango walked over to his mother and laid inside the space near her neck, curling his feet up.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:48 am

Alice watched Mystic and Tango lay with each other and smiled. They were perfect together. "I don't like riding with a bit or saddle. I mean, no horse needs it if they trust the owner enough," she blushed slightly when she realised that he might take it the wrong way. She glanced at Secret and motioned for him to lay down. When he did she moved to sit on his stomach, "Trust is the best part of riding, if you earn it then, you don't need anything." She put her leg over his stomach and laid her head on Secret's neck. They trusted each other a lot. She could feel the colt breathing underneath her. The girl chuckled slightly, she was short and light so she knew she wasn't hurting Secret.
Secret laid on the grass patiently. He rolled slightly onto his stomach as Alice put her leg over him. He glanced towards Jared and nickered quietly. The colt tucked his feet underneath him.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 am

Jared nodded, he understood. But that was her opinion not his and he respected that. "Okay," He murmured softly, kicking back so he was now laying on his stomach. The boy looked around and his gaze rested on Mystic and Tango. He watched them for a minute and noticed her stomach looked unnormally big. Jared looked at Alice, "Is Mystic pregnant?" He asked, standing up and walking over to the palomino Arabian mare and Tango.
Guavauliluth pricked her ears and walked over to the others, swishing her tail delightedly.
Mystic snaked her tail along the grass, she thought Alice would of noticed first but she didn't really care. She wasn't heavily pregnant yet. The mare let out an excited whinny and licked Tango.
Tango mimiced his mothers actions and laid his head down onto the grass.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 am

Alice sat up on Secret and kissed his neck. She stood up and hoped off his back to walk over to Mystic. She giggled quietly as Mystic whinnied excitedly. She moved to sit near the mares stomach and felt across it slowly. The mare was fatter then normal, she could be pregnant but not heavily otherwise she would have noticed. "Hey beautiful girlie, you're pregnant!" She grinned and leaned closer to Mystic, kissing her stomach softly. The girl couldn't feel any kicking, maybe it was to early. She glanced at Tango, "You're going to have a younger sister or brother little man." Alice glanced towards Guava and smiled. She stood up and skipped towards Jared's mare. The girl stopped a few feet away and stretched out her hand slowly. She loved horsemanship.
Secret stayed laying on the grass. His tail flickered in the slight breeze that came over him. He snorted and nipped the grass. The colt listened to Alice with pricked ears.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:10 am

Jared smiled and gently brushed his hand across the mare's stomach. He didn't look surprised, most mares got pregnant easily suring the spring and Tango looked about 1 year old. The boy wondered if the mare had a herd somewhere but she went to them for breeding and wandered away from them any other time. He chuckled at his own thoughts and watched as Alice approached Guavauliluth and smiled, gently moving his hands so they rested on Tango's flanks.
Guavauliluth got a little startled as Alice approached her, she flicked her ears back in an alarmed way but flicked them forward and snorted softly.
Mystic watched Alice and Guavauliluth with a happy expression, she was having a foal soon!
Tango whacked his stubby tail against the grass with a happy whicker.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:20 am

Alice giggled quietly, "It's okay girl," she whispered and touched the mares muzzle. She moved her hand towards the edge of the bit and felt inside the mares mouth. She couldn't feel anything wrong with the bit, it seemed fine. The girl softly opened the mares mouth and looked at her teeth, maybe the bit was just rubbing against her gums or teeth. Alice pulled her hand out of Guava's mouth and gave her a scratch. She whistled for Secret to come to her and heard him get up. The girl looked at Jared, "Do you mind if I take her bridle off? I'll put Secret's bit-less one on her," she told him with a smile.
Secret pricked his ears and pushed himself up with his font legs. He lifted his back legs off the ground and started trotting towards Alice. He moved around Mystic, Tango and Jared with ease.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  KateKat Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 am

Jared watched as Alice examined inside Guava's mouth and crossed his legs. He was surprised how calm his mare was. The boy nodded to her question, his mare had always been fussy. He chuckled and stood up after Secret, walking over to Guava and Alice. Jared placed one of his hands on Guava's neck and stroked it gently, placing with a strand of her unknotted, ebony hair. He could feel the breeze picking up and he noticed the sun was no longer shining on them, it was going to rain soon, possibly even a storm.
Guava opened her mouth obediently and stayed calm, her tail flicking anxiously, she had always got jittery and nervous when someone else besides Jared had handled her. She snorted softly and watched Secret approach.
KateKat
KateKat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next