Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here We Go.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here We Go. Empty Here We Go.

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:22 am

Riley led Patch into his new stall. They had just arrived at the new stables. Patch snorted as he followed his owner. The boy gave his horse a pat and smiled "We will ride soon, just need to get everything in the tack room," he told his horse. Riley locked the stall door and walked towards the trailer. He took out his tack and walked towards the tack room. His father was taking the feed into the feed room. After everything was put away, Riley told his dad that he was going to jump. The boy walked towards Patch's stall and unlocked it. He grabbed his horses halter and clicked his tongue to make the stallion walk with him. He walked towards the tack shed. Once they were close enough the boy stopped and looked at Patch "Stand" was all he said and left his horse. Riley came out with the bride and slipped it onto his horses head. The boy slipped off Patch's rug and took it into the tack room. Bringing out a brush and the saddle and saddle blanket, he gave Patch a quick brush over and tack him fully up. Riley mounted the stallion and put pressure on his side, this made him walk. The boy tightened the reins a little and made Patch tuck his head in. Now to start the warm up.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Here We Go. Empty Re: Here We Go.

Post  WarHorse Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 am

Solar snorted lazily as Caitlyn sat lightly in the saddle watching the new rider arrive and unpack. She was curious, and wondered what he and his horse were like. Solar flicked his black tail and stomped a hind hoof, growing impatient. After a while of warming up, he was eager to start jumping. Caitlyn smiled and patted his shining, dark bay neck before picking up her reins. Without any pressure Solar put his head on the bit and moved away from the fence, ears pricked towards the many jumps that had been set up in the arena. They were tall jumps, well over a metre high, neither horse nor rider were at all bothered. Caitlyn tapped her heels against Solar's sides and he moved into a beautiful, forward canter, lifting his hooves high with each long, balanced stride. As she pointed him at the first jump, a colourful straight bar, he extended his stride and raised his head excitedly. With perfect timing he bunched himself and pushed off the ground with incredible strength, effortlessly clearing the jump.

Last edited by WarHorse on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:43 am

Riley trotted Patch in big circles, warming him up. It didn't take long. Patch kept his head tucked in nicely, his strides were beautiful like always. The stallion trotted perfectly. Riley put more pressure on the stallions sides, asking for a canter. The stallion picked up into a canter with grace. His strides were smooth. Riley turned him towards the jumping arena after a while and slowed him to a peaceful trot.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:57 am

With a grunt, Solar jumped the final fence of the practice course, clearing it as easily as every other fence. Caitlyn rubbed his muscular neck as they landed, smiling proudly. He raised his head happily before moving back onto the bit, cantering smoothly around the arena. She shifted her wait and he slowed to a big, relaxed trot. At that moment Caitlyn finally noticed the other rider approaching the arena. She was excited about meeting him and being able to see how he rode, and she steered Solar around to the entrance. When was close to it she slowed him to walk and smiled kindly at the new rider.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Riley tightened the reins to make sure Patch wouldn't untuck his head. The trot strides were perfect again. He looked up at the jumping arena to see another rider at the entrance. It looked like she was waiting to meet him. Patch snorted and arched his neck, trying to make his rider proud like always. As they got near the entrance, Riley slowed Patch to a walk and smiled at the girl. "Good boy Patch," he whispered softly and gave his stallion a pat on the neck. Riley loosened the reins to let Patch stretch out. The boy looked up at the girl and spoke, "Hello."
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Nodding her head politely, Caitlyn made sure her smile didn't grow too wide. The new was stunning, unlike any of the horses she'd seen at the stable. What a gorgeous colour! Solar pricked his ears and looked before pinning them back again and pawing. "Oh, Solar. Cut it out." Caitlyn snapped playfully. The dark bay gelding obeyed, but didn't take his eyes off the other stallion. Shaking her head, she looked up at the new rider. "Hello. Sorry about Solar, he tends to get a bit funny around stallions." she shrugged before continuing, "I'm Caitlyn." She tapped Solar forward and bent down to open the gate. Her horse backed up skillfully until the gate was fully open.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Riley looked down at his horses feet to make sure he was standing square. He realized on of the stallions feet was a little off and nudged it softly with his boot. Patch felt the soft touch a moved his leg forward a little. Riley smiled and gave his horse another pat. The boy grinned at Caitlyn, "I'm Riley, this is Patch," he muttered. He watched Solar and Caitlyn work together skillfully. They were good. Riley gently urged Patch into a walk. As the stallion came near Solar, he stretched his head out to sniff Solar's muzzle as if to say hello.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:06 pm

At the stallion's gesture, Solar squealed deeply and raised his head high, mouth open and his silever bit shining. "Solar!" Caitlyn barked, kicking the gelding firmly, "Behave!" Solar backed away unhappily, tucking his head onto the bit and glaring at the other stallion. She shook her head again. "Sorry about him. It's nice to meet you Riley." she smiled, manouvreing Solar away from Patch as she closed the gate again. Turning back to him, she asked, "Wanna jump?" Solar nickered at the jumps, his ears pricking up again. Caitlyn couldn't suppress a chuckle.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Patch skittered back when the gelding bared his teeth. Riley grabbed the stallions reins hard, trying to control him "Patch!" he said through gritted teeth. The stallion pulled against the tight reins but didn't succeed in getting out of it. Riley hit his stallions shoulder with his crop to make him stop. Once Patch had stopped, he glanced at Caitlyn "Nice to meet you too." The boy kicked Patch in the side to make him trot. The stallion obeyed but stayed out of Solar's way. "Sure we can jump," Riley smiled at Caitlyn.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Closing the gate, Caitlyn looked up and watchec Riley trot his beautiful stallion around. Solar tucked his head onto the bit and she asked him for a collected but active canter. He made the transition smoothly and with gentle hands she steered him towards tall spread. He approached it calmly, but a moment before the jump he put in a powerful, extended stride and pushed himself into the air. Horse and rider soared with perfect balance of the jump and landed elegantly before cantering away, Solar collected and puffing with excitement.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 pm

Riley pushed Patch forward, into a canter. He lined them up for a tall cross bar and let Patch have more rein. The stallion cantered on powerfully and leaped into the air, clearing the jump perfectly. The boy smiled as his horse landed and cantered away. He looked over at Caitlyn and smiled. They lined up for another jump, a straight bar. This one was taller then the last. Patch had his head tucked in nicely and his strides were long. The boy urged him on a little more. When they were just about to jump, Patch lost his stride and ran into the jump. The stallion reared "Woah!" Riley yelled.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:52 am

Caitlyn looked over as soon as she heard Riley's cry and saw Patch rearing into the air. Her eyes wide, she wondered what had happened. The stallion's hoofbeats had sounded so perfectly even, then there was the crash and Riley calling out. She cantered Solar over to them quickly, knowing there wasn't anything she could really do but wanting to make sure Riley was alright. Caitlyn slowed her gelding as they got close and saw the pile of poles scattered on the ground. "Are you alright?" she asked, unable to cover up her concern.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:31 am

Riley held on to Patch as best as he could. The stallion threw his head around and kicked out. The boy tightened the reins as much as he could but felt his horse pulling against it "Stop it Patch! Everything is okay," he whispered to his horse. Patch half reared again but was starting to calm down. Riley glanced at Caitlyn who had said something "I'm fine," he muttered "I normally have to put up with something like this."
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Caitlyn frowned and nodded, glad that Solar usually behaved himself in the arena. She thought about why Patch had reacted to violently, and wondered if there was perhaps some way she could help. Solar snorted and eyed the stallion warily, chewing at his bit. Caitlyn leant down and stroked a hand down his fine neck, still deep in thought. She'd have to ask Riley a few things about Patch, but she would wait until the pinto stallion had calmed down. Her gelding raised a hoof and waved it in the air, growing uneasy at Patch's behaviour. She noticed Riley's excellent balance as Patch threw himself around and how strong he must be to keep the stallion from becoming worse.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Patch gave out a last nicker and noticed Riley wouldn't loosen the reins. Finally the stallion stood square and waited for some reins, he was breathing heavily. Riley held the reins tightly until he knew Patch had calmed down. He nudged the stallions side with his heel asking for a walk, Patch obeyed. The boy noticed something was wrong with his stride. Halting him, Riley jumped off and felt down the stallions front left leg. Patch had lost a shoe. "Stay boy," Riley muttered and walked back over to the jump he had crashed into. Something silver caught his eye, it was the shoe. The boy picked it up and chuckled softly "I guess we are calling out the farrier again Patch!"
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 pm

As the horseshoe's shine caught her eye Caitlyn smiled and laughed. Solar looked around with surprise at the change of mood and nickered. She patted his neck and smiled over at Riley. "One litte shoe, so much trouble." she chuckled, "I guess that's the end of the ride." Loosening her reins and allowing Solar to have his head, she dismounted gracefully and stroked his dark rump before rolling up her stirrups. As she walked around to Solar's other side she saw Patch standing obediently where Riley had left him and clicked at the stallion. Solar swished his tail with annoyance, wanting Caitlyn's attention entirely for himself.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Riley chuckled "So much for a ride," he smiled at Caitlyn. He hooked the horseshoe into his pocket and started picking up the poles to put back on the jump. The boy heard Caitlyn whistle and looked around to see Patch looking at her. Patch glanced at Riley, the boy nodded and the stallion trotted over to the girl. Patch stopped a little way away from the girl and snorted. Riley finished with the jump and laughed as he watched Patch. The boy sauntered over to him and gave the stallion a pat on the neck "It's okay boy," he murmured and tied the reins softly around Patch's neck.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Reaching out with a gentle hand, Caitlyn stroked the stallion's muzzle carefully. "Hey there boy, aren't you pretty?" she whispered gently to him. Behind her, Solar snorted and pawed at the ground, his ears back at Patch. She sighed and shook her head, turning back to the dark bay gelding. "Oh, you. I'm not leaving you, silly." she teased him, rubbing his ears. Solar half closed closed his eyes and rested his muzzle on her shoulder. Caitlyn looked over as Riley walked back and smiled. "I suppose we'd better take these two back. I was almost done anyway." she told him, her eyes bright. Solar's pink tongue crept out of his mouth as he licked her shoulder and she looked at him with annoyance.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Patch nickered softly when Caitlyn touched his muzzle. He pinned his ears half-way back when he saw Solar pawing the ground and took a few steps back from Caitlyn. Riley flicked the stallions ears when he pinned them "Don't pin your ears boy," he chuckled. The boy gave Patch a scratch behind his ears to make them flick forward. He turned to Caitlyn and smiled, "Yeah, I'm going to call the farrier as soon as I can. I don't want him out of work for to long," he told her. Riley clicked his tongue at Patch to make him walk and sauntered over to Solar. The boy stretched his hand out to touch Solar's muzzle gently.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

As Riley walked over Solar stretched out his neck, eager for a pat. Caitlyn laughed quietly and turned around to look at Riley, smiling. "That sounds like a good idea. Is your old farrier able to come out here?" she asked, suddenly curious, "Um, if you don't mind me asking, where was your old stable?" She hoped she wasn't sticking her nose into Riley's privacy, but she wanted to know more about him. Caitlyn wrapped her arms around Solar's neck and hugged him while waiting for his answer. Solar eyed Patch carefully but behaved himself and bobbed his head as she hugged him, flicking his ears.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Riley kept patting Solar's soft muzzle gently. He glanced up at Caitlyn "Um, it was a couple of hours away but my farrier loves Patch so he will come out," he told her and smiled. Patch came up behind Riley and pushed his back gently, nearly making the boy crash into Caitlyn. Riley frowned at his horse but laughed at his innocent expression. "Have you been here long?" he asked Caitlyn and stepped away from Solar. The boy clicked his tongue to get Patch's attention and started walking to the gate.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:24 am

Caitlyn walked after Riley to the gate, Solar following her obediently and bumping her with his dark muzzle. "Yeah, since I was... 12, I think." she said, smiling as memories swarmed into her mind. "I remember my first day here. I was riding my little black Welsh and got bucked off while everyone was watching." She frowned for a moment at the thought before luaghing. That day was still so clear...she could hardly believe how much had changed. Caitlyn looked over her shoulder at Solar, who nickered in reply. Her smile grew wider and she lifted a hand to stroke the fine hairs beneath his chin.

Last edited by WarHorse on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Riley paused and opened the gate up. Patch nudged his pocket gently with his muzzle, wanting a treat "I have none for you today," the boy mentioned and chuckled as Patch flicked his ears back in disappointment. He held the gate open for Caitlyn and Solar. "How long have you had Solar for?" he asked. Patch walked out of the arena to stand by Riley's side. The boy stroked his horses neck and smiled.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:52 am

Caitlyn and Solar walked through the gate and she smiled gratefully at Riley as she passed him. She stopped and turned around once she was outside the arena, waiting as he closed the gate. She frowned slightly and thought for a moment, wondering just how long it had been since she bought Solar. "Let's see... when I turned 14 I think. My dad took me to the market and I picked Solar out." she paused for a moment and laughed, "He thought I was mad. Solar was running around and bucking like a rodeo horse!" Solar nickered as his name was mentioned and Caitlyn wrapped her gentle hands around his face. He didn't move away, but tucked his head into her chest and nickered again.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:06 am

Riley laughed and thought about when he got Patch. Patch flicked his tail and pricked his ears as he heard a horse in one of the paddocks nicker. The boy put a hand on his horses muzzle, making sure he wouldn't run away. "Have you taught Solar yourself?" he asked Caitlyn and started walking towards the stables, clicking his tongue. He heard Patch snort and walk after him.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum