Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here We Go.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here We Go. - Page 2 Empty Re: Here We Go.

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:39 am

Pushing Solar's head away gently and following Riley, Caitlyn nodded with a smile. "He was educated, he just had a nasty temperament. Didn't you buddy?" she asked the dark gelding playfully before becoming serious again, "I taught him to be an eventer and, most importantly, to be a great big teddy bear." She laughed for a moment as memories of Solar's training flashed through her head. How fun it had been... She shook her head and looked over at Riley. "What about Patch? What's his story?" she asked, genuinely curious.

Last edited by WarHorse on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:09 am

Patch pricked his ears at his name and looked towards Caitlyn. "Patch was basically wild. No one wanted to try with him or put in the time to train him. Everyone thought he could never be broken but. . then he ended up with me," Riley smiled over his shoulder at Patch and looked back to Caitlyn, "My dad thought I was crazy, the first night I got a massive bruise on my back. But eventually he softened up to me. He is still a little crazy at times and gets skittish at things but. . . I have begun to love him," he told her. The boy felt Patch's muzzle knock into his back. He felt behind him and reached for the stallions muzzle, lifting it over his shoulder. Riley glanced at Caitlyn and smiled "I taught him to follow me wherever I go too."
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Caitlyn smiled at Riley and Patch, thinking about what a nice pair they were. "Sounds like Solar and Patch have a few things in common, and sounds like we have very similar fathers." she remarked, laughing a little, "That's quite a story, Riley. But I can see all your work has paid off." She nodded at Patch, her smile widening as she saw his muzzle resting on Riley's shoulder. Solar nibbled at her shirt, hoping for a treat and some food when he got back to his stall. They had reached the stables by now and Caitlyn stopped with one hand out, indicating that Riley could go through first. Solar lifted his head and pricked his ears at the sounds of horses and rattling feed buckets inside.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Riley laughed "Yeah but its sort of our family business," he told her and walked inside the stables. Patch pricked his ears at all the nickers, letting out a nicker himself. The boy put his hand over Patch's muzzle "Shush you," he laughed. Riley walked a little way and turned to wait for Caitlyn "We train up horses a lot, but not one horse was as wild as Patch, he got dumped on us really," he told her and looked at Patch, "I'm glad he did."
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Caitlyn eyes widened slightly at what Riley had said and she nodded thoughtfully. He trained horses? No wonder he was such a good rider. Caitlyn shook her head before smiling at him and walking over. "Wow, I loved working with Solar but he's the only horse I've trained. It must've been great working with so many young horses." she commented as she reached him. Solar pushed his nose against her back, nudging her towards his stall. She laughed and turned to rub his ears, trying to distract him for a few moments at least.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Riley's smile faded a little "They aren't all young horses," he told her with disappointment. He started to loosen the girth and pull his stirrups up. The boy took off Patch's bridle and turned around to Caitlyn. "Some of the horses we get are ones that have been abused and are head shy or something like that. We get them to trust us enough to do stuff with them but. ." he trailed off a little "some aren't so lucky." Riley clicked his tongue again and headed towards Patch's stall. He thought of one of the horses they tried to train. She had been so scared of people and they couldn't do anything with her. They spent months with her, standing near he paddock. That mare never gained trust in anyone and Riley had to put her down. He was the only one that could get close enough. The boy stopped in front of the stall and took the saddle from Patch's back.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Quickly noticing the change of mood, Caitlyn's smile faded and she lowered her eyes. She hadn't thought of that, it was so horrible to think of anyone hurting such an incredible animal. Solar nickered softly and after rubbing his muzzle she led him into his stall. She gently removed the girth and slid the saddle from his back, not missing Solar's contented sigh. Caitlyn walked over to the stall door, which had been left open, and looked over to Patch and the stall that Riley had disappeared into. "That must have been terrible..." she said, not knowing what else to say. Solar bumped his head against her shoulder as though asking for the bridle to be removed. Making sure the bit didn't tap against his teeth, she undid the throat latch and took the bridle from his beautiful head.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Riley stroked Patch's neck and stood at his stall door, waiting for him to go in. The stallion touched his nose to Riley's chest before walking into his stall. The boy smiled at his horse and walked over to the tack shed with the saddle and bridle. He sauntered over to the feed and grabbed Patch's bucket to scoop in some food. Walking back to Patch's stall, Riley glanced at where Caitlyn was "It is terrible sometimes but I love it when we do train one of the horses up really well," he told her with a smile. Patch nickered for his food as Riley appeared. Riley laughed and gave Patch his feed bucket, hanging it in one of the stalls corners.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Smiling, Caitlyn nodded again and retrieved Solar's saddle and bridle. She took them to the tack room, not bothering to close the stall door. Solar stood there patiently, his head raised as he waited for her return. When she did, she carried a large bucket of feed towards him, but still he didn't move. Reaching his stall and hanging the bucket on a rail, Caitlyn patted Solar before turning back to Riley. "So, I suppose you'd better ring your farrier." she said, not really knowing what else to say. Solar snorted loudly in his bucket, sending bits of chaff high into the air.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Riley nodded and stroked Patch down his back leg. "Yeah, if I want to ride tomorrow, I think I should call," he said and smiled towards Caitlyn. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed the Farriers number. "Hey, it's me. One of Patch's shoes fell off while I was riding him today," he paused and smiled, "Yeah, like normal. Mhm. Okay, see you soon." The boy hung up and closed Patch's stall door. Patch looked towards Riley and snorted. Bits of chaff that was stuck to his muzzle flew into the air. "You're getting a new shoe boy," Riley chuckled as Patch pawed the ground. He turned to Caitlyn, "The farrier will be here soon so I have to stick around for a while."
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Smiling back at Riley, Caitlyn was happy to wait while he called up his farrier, wondering what was being said on the other line. When he finished and told her that he would need to stay at the stables she shrugged cassually. "You might as well have a bit of human company, I'll stick around, too." she suggested, chuckling as lifted his head to nibble at her shoulder. Turning her head towards the gelding as she gently waved him away, she noticed the bits of half-eaten feed on her shirt and groaned. "Nice one, Solar."
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Riley waited at Patch's stall door for the farrier. He smiled towards Caitlyn, "Patch gets a little funny when we have to do his shoes." He leaned against the door and glanced at Patch, "You have to be good this time boy," he muttered. Patch lifted his hind leg and stomped it back down on the ground. Rolling his eyes, Riley heard a car pull up at the front. A few minutes later he heard the door close and foot-steps. The boy grabbed Patch's halter and attached a lead rope. "Hey Haven," he smiled towards the girl. Haven was pretty and most people were surprised that she was a farrier. "Did big old Patch here throw a tantrum?" she laughed and gave Patch a pat on the forehead. Patch shook his head. Riley chuckled, "Haven this is Caitlyn, Caitlyn this is Haven Patch's farrier."
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 am

As Haven walked into the stables Caitlyn was unable to hide her surprise. A girl farrier? Women farriers were uncommon enough, but she had never heard of such a young one. Blinking away her stunned expression, she smiled apologetically and nodded politely towards Haven. "Hello, it's nice to meet you Haven." she said, glancing over at Riley. A strange emotion tugged at her gut, and she struggled to figure exactly what it was. Was it... jealousy? Caitlyn shook her head before smiling again at Haven and turning back to Solar, stroking her hand down his long neck.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:12 am

Riley tied Patch to the outside of his stall on a hay band, hoping this time he didn't pull away. Haven smiled towards Caitlyn, "You too." She turned back to Riley and smiled, "I didn't think I would hear from you again since you moved further out again," she laughed. The boy grinned, "Patch is fussy with Farrier's, you're the only one he let's do the job." Patch snorted and kicked his hoof down at the concrete. Haven put a hand on his rump and ran it down hind leg. "Stop throwing it around Patch, maybe if you behave with Riley then this wouldn't happen," She knew exactly what shoe he had to have, and what size. The girl placed the shoe on his hoof. Patch pulled his legs away and in the process, he hit his head on a bar of the stall. The stallion pulled back and broke the hay band. "Woah," Riley soothed to his horse.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:24 am

Startled by the sudden clamour, Solar pricked his ears in Patch's direction, nearly knocking Caitlyn over as he moved for a better view. After giving him a dissaproving glare, she stepped from the stall and locked it behind her. Patch may behave himself a bit better if there was another horse he could focus his attention on; if only he and Solar got along. Sighing softly to herself she took a quiet step closer to the others. "Any way I can lend a hand?" she asked them, suddenly feeling a bit useless.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:10 am

Riley waited for Patch to settle before tying him back up to the hay band. He looked at Caitlyn with a smile, "This happens a lot so we are use to it." He moved out of the way and stood beside the girl. Glancing down at her hand, a smile crossed his face and he reached to take her hand. Patch snorted and let Haven fix up his shoe. Haven smiled as Patch started to relax and started to work with his shoe. Riley entwined his hand with Caitlyn's and pulled her against him. He knew she had gotten a bit jealous of Haven.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:39 am

Allowing Riley to pull her closer, a strange bubbly feeling built up inside her, sending heat to her cheeks and causing her to blush faintly. Caitlyn closed her fingers around Riley's hand, all jealousy previously felt now forgotten, and watched as Patch was shod. As she leant her shoulder against him something nudged her back, almost throwing her off balance, and snorted loudly behind her. She smiled, looking over at Solar. The gleding pushed his head inbetween the two of them, pushing Riley out of the way. "Solar!" Caitlyn scolded, waving the horse away with a free hand, "Go eat your lunch!" The dark bay horse backed up, tilting his head away from Cailtyn's waving hand, and wandered to the back of his stall.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Riley chuckled lightly at Solar, "He wanted to join in," he smiled. He glanced over at Patch and Haven. It was nearly finished. Patch refused to pick up the last hoof. The boy rolled his eyes and made his way over to his horse. "Patch stop it!" he grumbled and ran his hand down the stallion's leg. He picked it up carefully and let Haven take it. "Thanks," Haven smiled towards Riley and glanced over at Caitlyn. She didn't like it that Riley liked Caitlyn. He had always been hers until he moved. Riley pulled away and strode over to Caitlyn to take her hand again, "Haven's nearly finished. I'm sorry about this," he apologized. Patch snorted as the last shoe got nailed on. "I've clipped his hooves as well," Haven told him, making her way over. Riley nodded, "I will send the payment to your bank tonight." The girl nodded a good-bye and smiled towards Riley.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:15 am

"No worries," Caitlyn replied with a smile, allowing Riley to take her hand again. Standing patiently at his side while Haven finished, she nodded her thanks once Haven was done and watched her head off, the smile still lingering on her face. Looking back at Riley, she bumped her shoulder lightly against his. "Hey, do you want to head out for a trial ride? There's a really pretty spot with a lot of logs around for jumping. Solar and I go down there for a bit of fun every now and again." she suggested, then paused, "Oh, but Patch might be a bit sore after being shod... Never mind." She finished with a shrug, looking at her boots and trying to hold down the swell of dissapointment. It would be great to show him the place, but at least she could still spend time with him.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Riley shrugged, "Patch will be fine," he told her with a smile. He walked over to Patch to examine him. He felt all over the stallions legs. The stallion just seemed annoyed that he had to get shod. "You're a silly boy," Riley chuckled and stroked his neck. "We can still go for a ride Caitlyn, he seems fine.," the boy told her, ginning. Patch snorted and flicked his ears back in annoyance. He shook his head and tried to pull away but his owner stopped him. "Enough Patch," he muttered and tied the stallion firmly to the hay band. Riley went to grab his tack out of the tack room and returned to tack the stallion up. Patch let him get the saddle on but went funny with the bridle. The boy stuck his fingers in the horses mouth to get him to accept the bit. Finally after a few minutes of fighting, Riley had Patch all tack up and looking good again.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 am

Her excitement reignited, Caitlyn hurried over to the tack room with a wide smile on her face. When she came back she paused outside Solar's stall for a moment, saddle heavy in her arms. "You sure Patch'll be alright?" she asked him, not wanting the stallion to be uncomfortable. As she finished asking the question she walked into the stall and placed the saddle gently on Solar's back, doing his girth up loosely for the moment. She then moved over to his head, which the gelding lowered politely, and slipped on the bridle. Caitlyn knew she was lucky; though Solar had been a difficult horse he had quickly learnt to trust her with bridling. Moving back to the stall's entrance, she watched as Riley finished bridling Patch.

Last edited by WarHorse on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:58 am

"Patch can be such and hand-full at times," he laughed and slapped Patch's neck gently, "Can't you boy ha?" Riley led the stallion in a few circles, watching his feet. "He looks good, nothing is affecting him now," he told Caitlyn with a smile, knowing she was excited that he had accepted the invitation to be around her. The boy wanted to know more about this girl. Especially since he was starting to like her. Riley held the reins tight and slipped one foot into the stirrup, "Stand big boy," he muttered as he mounted. Patch tried to resist the reins and stretch his neck but couldn't. He clicked his tongue and got the stallion to move forward. "Good boy," he halted the stallion and gave his neck a stroke. The boy waited for Caitlyn patiently.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:12 am

Leading Solar out of his stall, Caitlyn smiled up at Riley before turning and swiftly mounting the dark bay gelding. He pranced sideways, ears flicking, but quickly settled as he felt her gentle hand stroke his neck. Sighing, he lowered his head and stood still. "Ready to go then?" she asked with a sweet smile. Almost too afraid to acknowledge the warmth in her heart, she hoped that Riley was starting to like her, and even more strongly hoped that she wouldn't do anything embarressing. She didn't want to miss yet another chance. It always seemed to be that when Caitlyn found someone she liked, something or someone crushed her hopes and left her, yet again, alone and in tears. Brushing away the thought, she ruffled Solar's mane and looked absently around the stables.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveWildHorses Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Riley grinned cheekily and nodded at the girl, "Let's go!" He clicked his tongue gently got Patch into a calm trot. "Where do you want to go?" he asked gently. He know of a lake where they could go. It was kind of romantic and wasn't sure if she would like it. Maybe she didn't like him that way? But, she was excited to spend time with him. Patch snorted and stretched out his neck. The boy grinned and stroked his neck.
LoveWildHorses
LoveWildHorses

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum