Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dog's Life -closed-

2 posters

Go down

A Dog's Life -closed- Empty A Dog's Life -closed-

Post  lkbrox Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:52 am

Toffe, a mixed-coloured Border Collie with stunning blue eyes bolted from her owners farm. The lightning lit up the sky, thunder growling overhead. Her sides heaved with terror, running from the predator in the sky. Her paws carried her long after they began to ache, when she found herself miles from home, in a city, someplace she had only seen from the back of the ute. The storm had passed and she felt very alone, slipping into a side alley. She curled her tail over her nose and shut her eyes hoping that when she opened them again, her master would be calling for her and she'd have fallen asleep in the barn. Only she knew this was not the case.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

A Dog's Life -closed- Empty Re: A Dog's Life -closed-

Post  Disturbia Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 am

Not being a pleasant day for a stray dog, the Lab/Border Collie male looked around, padding along the dirty streets of the ancient city, tail wagging as his tongue lolled comfortably out the side of his mouth. Looking around for a cleaner type of alleyway, the dog soon slipped into one, discovering he would be sharing it with another dog, a Border Collie female. Ears pricking in delight, Phosgaul looked over at the multi-coloured dog, his tongue retreating back into his mouth. Wagging his tail with excitement, a small bark escaped from his lips while he cautiously approached her, careful not to scare the female dog as it was already clear she was already frightened from the loud roar of the thunder and the flash of lightning.
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:25 am

Toffee heard the bark and scented the male at the same time, hackles raising in scared alarm. She was not a fierce dog by any stretch and as she snarled only fear and sadness showed in her baby blue eyes. Her ears lay flat against her head and as thunder clapped above her she sunk down with a yelp. Realising she had no hope of convincing the male she was a ferrocious stray now, she whimpered, deciding to appeal to his softer side.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Disturbia Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:34 am

Skittering backwards in alarm as the female played defensive, his ears flicked backwards in a menacing warning, but as the thunder roared in challenge to the lightning that striked blindingly shortly after. Soon he realised the female was vulnerable and afraid, gentle and no way close to ferocious and as evil as she tried to be. Ears flicking forward, the male padded forward and gently nosed her on the head, "Come with me," He murmured softly.
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:37 am

She quivered at his touch and her sad blue eyes gazed into his. She decided to trust him. She stood on shakey paws when another bolt flashed and the thunder that followed and she whimpered, burrying her muzzle into the males soft warm coat. He was brave but she was as timid as the sheep she rounded in the pens. Her whole body trembled with her fear and she pressed up closer to the male, trusting he'd protect her from the predator she couldn't see.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Disturbia Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 am

Padding further down the alleyway, he jumped up onto a couple of crates, beckoning for the female to follow. Scratching his claws against the wiring so a newly created hole appeared, he slipped into the abandoned, old resteruant. Glancing around, the temperature of the room was quite warm and it would be quite a decent place to stay until the weather became good again. Glancing behind him, Phosgaul quickly checked to see if the female was coming. He padded over, towards one of the cushined booths and jumped up onto them, tearing his teeth into them to make a comfortable bedding.
Once complete, Phosgaul nestled in it and yipped softly, motioning for the female to come over.
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:48 am

Toffee hesitated, standing just outside. When the male beckoned her over she stood frozen unsure now. She'd never been inside anything except the barn, it seemed strange to do so now. Thunder roared behind her, echoing in her delicate ears and the choice was made for her. She bolted inside and lept onto the booth and pressing up against her newfound friend. Another clap of thunder, although muted by the roof sounded and although less so, she still felt that deep-seated terror. She shoved her muzzle under the brute's foreleg and pushed her head under until his leg covered her ears.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Disturbia Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:53 am

Watching the tentative dog contently as she jumped up and pressed herself against him, forcing her head under his foreleg. Breathing even and totally calm about the shrill noise that used to pierce through his ears outside of the protection of the building, the male snorted softly and watched her, eyes travelling over her rather beautiful pelt. It made him slightly envious to see such a beautiful dog, but ignored it and glanced out the window, "Where do you come from? Are you lost?" Phosgaul asked gently in a caring tone. He never usually picked up a companion during his travelling.
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 am

Toffee gazed up at her companion, blue eyes staring in puzzlement, wasn't that obvious? "Yes," she whimpered, "I'm Toffee by the way." Thunder continued to harrass the sky, and but as she felt his warm pelt brushing hers, she started to feel okay. "Thankyou for saving me," she said. He was a handsome collie cross, and he had kind eyes, the sort that she found herself gazing into until it was probably improper. She softly pryed her head free of his foreleg, but stayed snuggled up to him, breathing in his calming scent, feeling his calming breaths.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Disturbia Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:55 am

"Well, you are actually in one of the worst cities imaginable. I was just passing through when I found you.. lucky, eh? Oh, nice to meet you Toffee! You can call me.. Phos," The dog said hesitantly, a little shy to speak his full name as it was not approved by himself so he just called himself 'Phos' most of the time, well it would possible for it to be a nickname. Feeling the female shift, he moved his leg aside and watched her with curious but kind eyes. "Something tells me your very far from home."
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:01 am

Toffee sighed, eyes lowering. "You have no idea..." she muttered. She looked back at him, without the intention of prying she asked, "Is Phos short for something?" she had heard his hesitation and seen the flicker of uncertainty in his eyes, but at the same time didn't want to upset him, he seemed nice. He had saved her from certain doom too.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Disturbia Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:38 am

"Shortened." Phos said, sucking in an inaudible breath, not wishing to reveal his full name as it was unusual and he absolutely hated it. Eyes resting on the female as his breathing came even and calm, he hoped she wouldn't further question him on it. "Hungry?" The dog asked, rising to his feet and shaking the fluff from his long, silky pelt.
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:26 am

Toffee heard the abruptness in his tone and decided she shouldn't say any more. "Phos," she repeated, "Its kinda cute." Her tail wagged, a slight flicker and her eyes sparkled. He stood, shaking loose fur onto her. She immediately rose too, trusting wherever he was going, it would be somewhere nice. "Am I ever!" she replied.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Disturbia Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Laughing a doggish sort of laugh, his tail wagged a couple of times before he launched off from the bed he had made onto the dirt-painted tiles of the floor which had once been a pale blue and were now stained a light brown. Jumping back onto the alleyway, his eyes travelled to the sky, there was no thunder of lightning anymore and the silver clouds seemed to be being replaced by the white, more harmless ones. Sitting down patiently at the start of the alleyway, he looked along the row of trees, "Spicey, roast, noodles or BBQ chicken pizza?" Phos asked, inhaling all the scents of foods.
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:52 am

"What are noodles?" Toffee asked, deciding she liked the sound of the word. "I think I'd like to try them." She followed him confidently now, also gazing starward and noticing the softer, friendlier night. She thought about her master briefly, but dismissed it as Phos started moving again. As she looked at him all other thoughts dissapeared.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Disturbia Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:12 pm

"Like strips of pasta coated in tomato-ish sauce and meatballs," Phos answered quickly with a nod of head before he padded across the desserted road. At this time of day, so he had learned, there were barely any cars crossing the popular roads as most of the people walked around on foot these days.
Disturbia
Disturbia

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Toffee was too proud to admit she didn't know what most of what he'd said was. She followed him, "sounds good." She thought abouther food at home, in the mornings she was given dry biscuits that had little taste, though at night she waited patiently for her master's wife to bring out that dog-food can, containing a small proportion of mouth-watering meat. Her tail wagged just thinking about it, and she hoped these 'noodles' would taste somewhere as good as it.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down