Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gettin Ready

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gettin Ready Empty Gettin Ready

Post  lkbrox Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:53 am

Two girls walked into the stables looking around curiosly. You've never seen two so different, one tall and lanky, with long straight black hair that fell down her back, the other short with short curly blonde hair. The only similarity between them was their icey blue eyes that almost glowed they were that bright. You'd give a second guess that they were sisters, but they were, one seventeen, the other only five.
Where's Charm, Brooke? the little blonde asked, peering up at her sister. Brookelyn looked down at her for a second before glancing around. There at the back a 14hh freisian gelding poked his coal black nose over the tall door.
There Cindy, last stall, she said, scarcely looking as her sister raced ahead. The stall infront held a 16hh Fresian stallion, who bellowed in Brookelyn's presence.
Like you're new stall Hollow? she cooed, stroking him tenderly.
Brooke, may I please do some jumping today? Cindy asked. A groan rumbled in Brookelyn's throat but never made it out. There goes my ride, she thought, sighing. She kissed Hollow's velvety muzzle and walked to Charm's stall. She wondered if there were any other people around...
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Gettin Ready Empty Re: Gettin Ready

Post  WarHorse Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 am

Caleb groaned quietly as the sound of footsteps woke him from his nap. He was leaning against the wall of Radiant's stall and must have fallen asleep there. He looked around, wondering what time it was, and soon heard the voices of two riders. They were both girls, one older and one very young. Caleb hoped they hadn't seen him napping, knowing how stupid he must've looked. Radiant trudged over from the other side of the stall and pushed his muzzle against Caleb's cheek. Caleb raised a hand gently pushed the buckskin gelding's head away, smiling. He grabbed a handful of Radiant's pitch black mane and used it to pull himself upright. He always did it and Radiant never seemed to mind. Once he was standing again Caleb walked over to the stall door and stuck his head out. Radiant followed him and rested his dark muzzle on Caleb's shoulder.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:02 am

Hearing a rustling in the stable to her right, Brookelyn didn't resist the urge to look in. The most stunning buckskin caught her bright blue eyes and for a second she was mesmerised by it. Gosh, look at that horse... she thought. Then she saw who was obviously its owner and stoped gawking to smile politely.
Hello, I'm Brookelyn, she introduced, holding her hand out in a friendly manner. Her eyes searched him, but she couldn't help herself, her gaze wandered seemingly unstoppably back to that buckskin. You have a stunning mount there, she added quickly, hoping to spark conversation.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:32 pm

Caleb smiled and chuckled at the Brookelyn's comment. "Yeah, and he sure knows how good he looks." He replied as Radiant arched his muscular neck and nickered softly. "I'm Caleb." he said, reaching out and shaking Brookelyn's hand. "It's good to meet you." As he said this Radiant stretched out his velvet muzzle towards Brookelyn, pushing Caleb out of the way. "And this rascal is called Radiant." Caleb mumbled from behind the buckskin's neck. Radiant nickered again and bobbed his head up down, eager for a pat and possibly a treat.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Brookelyn giggled slightly, stroking his silky muzzle with her outstretched hand whilst digging into her pocket with the other. When it emerged a small sugar cube lay on her upturned palm. Am I right to feed him this? she asked, not wanting to be rude. Somewhere behind her a very frustrated Fresian bellowed, knowing that his treat was going to another. Brookelyn couldn't help but laugh, You'll get one too Hollow, she said, turning to look at him. With a noticeable grace she fluttered over to her stallion, revealed a second lump of sugar and let him lick it off her hand. Then she went back to Radiant and Caleb, awaiting his OK for her to feed his horse.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:51 am

Caleb smiled and waved his hand lazily at Brookelyn. "Yeah, go ahead. You'll be his new best friend." he chuckled. Leaning further out of the stall, he looked around Brookelyn and at the stunning black Friesian beyond her, his deep eyes shining. Caleb blinked, astonished. "Woah...that is some horse!" he managed after a moment. He couldn't take his eyes of the horse's noble head and powerful neck.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Brookelyn cast a sideways glance at her beautiful Hollow, absentmindedly feeling Radiants muzzle glide across her palm to the treat. She stroked his forehead, returning her attention to him.
His name is Hollow, he's one of... she stopped, she didn't want to gloat about her family's Fresian farm, she didn't want Caleb to think she was some snooty up-herself girl with nothing better to do than rub it in that she had her own ranch. Nevermind... Her gaze dropped when a small voice piped up behind her.
Brooke! Cindy cried. She raced across to her sister, tugging at her shirt.
What Cindy? Brooke asked gently.
I can't get my girth up.. I think he's gotten fatter. Brookelyn smiled, looking apologetically at Caleb and tottering after her sister.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Caleb laughed gently as Brookelyn and watched her dissapear into a stall close to Hollow's. He was waiting for her to reappear when a soft muzzle pushed against his ear and a warm breath blew against his light brown hair. Radiant poked his muzzle against Caleb's cheek, hoping he would have a treat, too. Caleb raised a hand and waved it at his gelding, shooing him away. Once the buckskin was gone he looked out at the stall that Brookelyn had entered with what he guessed was her sister. "Need a hand?" he called out to her.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Brookelyn smiled gratefully, she'd already fumbled Charm's girth up and her small five-year old sister was leading out the 14hh fresian gelding.
Sure, how could are you at lifting trot poles? she asked, reffering to the heavy red and white painted posts. Charm nickered gently to Caleb, his own little hello and Brookelyns hand shot to stroke his thick gorgeous mane.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Radiant put his ears back at Charm and shoved Caleb away from the stall door, jealous, but Caleb pushed the buckskin's head away. "Radiant! Where are your manners?" he scolded when he was able to stand at the door again. He shook his head, smiling. "Sorry about that." he said to Brooklyn's sister before turning to Brookelyn. "Trot poles? No worries." He smiled coolly and let himself out of the stall. Radiant pawed unhappily as he left, whinnying after him. Caleb gave him a good bye stroke on the muzzle before going to stand near Brooklyn, her sister and her sister's horse.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:40 pm

Brookelyn looked at him, holding in a laugh. Cindy, go warm Charm up, we'll get the poles. Cindy jogged off to the arena, Charm trotting slowly as if to make well sure he would not tread on his mistrisses heels. I'm so sorry for roping you into this, Brookelyn said, Maybe after you'd like to go for a trail ride with me and Hollow? She looked up smiling at him, slightly nervous.

((Do we have to start a new post in the arena??))
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:11 am

(Nah, it's fine under stables =3)

Caleb watched as the little girl and her horse ran off before smiling back at Brookelyn. "Huh, no worries at all. And I'd love to. I haven't been out on the trails for a while." he said cheerfully. There was a bang as one of Radiant's hooves hit the stable door and Caleb laughed softly. His gaze flicked to the stable doors before returning to Brookelyn. "We'd better start getting the arena set up."
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:06 pm

She nodded and headed off towards the arena, her flowing movements making her long dark hair flail against the restraint of her hair-tie. She reached the arena gate and paused to watch Cindy. The small blonde girl was rising beautifully to the soft even gate of the Freisian gelding. Charm was such a superstar, as she watched, Brookelyn noted just how much care he took with each delicate stride. Cindy slowed him to a walk, dropping the left rein to stroke his soft black fur. His appreciative snort was all the spoken signals between them. Brookelyn smiled and went in to grab the first trot pole.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Caleb couldn't restrain a smile as he watched the little girl up on such a solidly built horse, and riding so well. He had to admit he was impressed, but that was something he'd keep to himself. He followed behind Brookelyn, his long, casual strides easily covering the short distance. He grabbed a nearby pole and lifted it easily, looking over at Brookelyn. "Where she would we set up?" Caleb asked her cheerfully, moving the pole so that it rested on his shoulder.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:12 pm

She looked up at him as she struggled with the pole, noting how effortlessly he had tossed it onto his shoulder. Set them up in the centre, so she can still go round them... um... we need about five, she said, smiling as she hoisted the pole up to her waist and walked awkwardly to the centre of the arena to drop it with a thud to the ground. Charm's ears perked at the sound, but he didn't break stride.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Loyally, Caleb followed her to the centre, counted a stride from the first pole and then set his down gently. He hadn't missed how Brookelyn had struggled with the pole's weight, so he smiled at her and said, "You keep an eye out, I'll handle the poles." Without waiting for an answer, he headed back and picked up two other poles, one for each shoulder. Caleb had discovered that this was the easiest way to carry them around, and wasn't at all bothered by their weight. Reaching Brookelyn again, he set down the poles before spacing them out.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Though flattered by the offer, Brookelyn gawked defiantely. "What, don't think I can handle it?" she laughed lightheartedly. As Caleb spaced out the fourth pole and headed back for the last, she shoved him out the way playfully and raced to pick it up. Lifting it to her shoulder as she had seen him do it, she poked her tounge out and stalked to the centre walking a little crooked under the off-balanced weight. She couldn't help but chuckle to herself, she was a fun-loving girl who would take anything as a gentle dare.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Luaghing cheerfuly, Caleb stood with his arms folded, watching Brookelyn carry the pole with a single eye brow raised. "Last time I offer to do you a favour!" he joked, shaking his head. He wandered back to the centre of the arena and tutted as she dropped the pole to the ground. He took a step back, checked the striding and nodded to himself. "Looks good to me. But it requires your highly valued approval." Caleb said haughtily, adopting the pose of a noble.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:54 pm

"I don't need your favours," she kidded, before laughing again. "Thankyou anyway, it's appreciated. Oh, and the poles look fine. Cindy bring him through!" She watched the young girl trot him in a large circle before pointing him at the brightly coloured poles. Charm's ears perked, his nostrils flared and his flanks quivered in expectation, he loved jumping almost as much as the smiley faced five-year old on his back did. His impulsion was verging on perfection as he floated over the five poles, lifting his legs in slightly over-elevation. They looked so at peace as Cindy sat rock-steady.
"Nice," Brookelyn called, "take him for a canter and go through again." Responding instantly the pair changed gait to a soft canter and they did a gentle lap.
"Not bad are they," Brookelyn said softly to Caleb, admiring her little sister's talent. THough she didn't like to admit it, she had been little Cindy's mentor from the moment she mounted.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:22 am

A low chuckle rumbled from Caleb's chest as he watched the pair, eager child and kind schoolmaster, with disbelief. If he thought they were good before, he now thought they were fantastic, especially considering Brookelyn's sister's age. He turned to Brookelyn, not bothering to hide his amazement. "They're incredible! Where'd she learn to ride so well?" he asked her before turning his head to watch them again. After a short moment Caleb shook his head, laughing again. "Gosh, I couldn't ride that well 'til I was 13!" he chuckled.

Last edited by WarHorse on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:35 am

Brookelyn blushed and then smiled, "I taught her to ride... I mean, she's a natural aswell!" she added, trying to be modest. She wasn't a show-off and she wasn't about to gloat. "They're just the most fantastic pair," she said after a breif pause, hoping to change the subject, "That Charm is amazing... He really looks after her."
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:33 pm

With wide eyes, Caleb turned his head to look at Brookelyn. "Really? Well, you've done a fantastic job!" he exclaimed, his attention wandering to Charm. "And you're completely right. It's hard to come across horses like him." he continued, chuckling. He thought about Radiant and shook his head. The fiery gelding didn't have the tolerance to be a schooling horse, and certainly not the patience. Caleb couldn't even imagine how disastrous it would be. He chuckled again.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Brookelyn continued to blush. "We bred Charm," she said softly. "He had the most beautiful dam I've ever had to work with. He was a trouble to be foaled, we thought we were going to lose him at one stage, but then he was alright, looking up at us with over-sized ears and a goofy smile." In her memory, Brookelyn revisited the night of Charm's birth; a cold night at four o'clock in the morning when the foaling alarm alerted her of the new arrival. She had fled to the stable that held a beautiful mare named Spur, who looked back at her with pleading eyes. She had rushed in, stroking Spur calmly and encouraging her along and then, when it seemed all was lost, a beautiful black colt came into the world. Spur licked it over and over, stimulating it's breathing and Brookelyn just sat on the stall floor watching with awe. The colt stumbled and looked to where the girl sat in her pyjamas, one hand on his mother's wither. Brookelyn shook her head again, making the memory fade back into the depths of her mind, then she instructed Cindy to bring him through again, seeing that goofy look spread across his handsome features. She couldn't help but smile and then watch as they floated across the poles.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Frowning with concern at Charm's history, Caleb turned to Brookelyn, about to say something. But he quickly saw the faded look in her eyes and guessed she must have been deep in thought about something. His expression lightened his eyes crossed to Charm, noticing his slightly larger than normal ears. It was barely noticable, but once Brookelyn had mentioned it he could see what she meant. She shook her head suddenly and Caleb smiled. "I've never had anything to do with breeding before. Charm's foaling would've scared the hell out of me." he laughed.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:48 am

Brookelyn looked at him gently, "It frightened me," she agreed, "I thought I was going to lose him. Spur was a maiden before having him, she would have been destroyed at the loss of her first foal. Besides, we've never had a more beautiful homebred. He was a star from birth, at two days old, he was letting me cuddle him. It was the cutest thing in the world." Brookelyn was now smiling at the thought. She whistled to Cindy, who looked at her with a smile and she made a handsignal that only her sister understood. "Lets put the jump up Caleb, just a small crosspole to start with though," she said, still grinning.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum