Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gettin Ready

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Gettin Ready - Page 3 Empty Re: Gettin Ready

Post  lkbrox Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:21 am

"Horses will be horses," Brookelyn said admiringly, pausing to stroke Hollow. "We'll follow these paths, theres a gate up ahead and the a brilliant place to gallop. You don't mind a wild bolt do you?" She smiled sweetly eyes soft and loyal. She loved a brisk run, sometimes playing chasey with Cindy when they went out at their farm.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:56 am

The mention of a gallop sent a broad smile spreading across Caleb's face. He was unable to restrain the rush of adrenaline at the thought of racing along, and Radiant quickly sensed it. The gelding's head shot up high, surprising Caleb for a moment, and he let out a booming whinny. Chuckling, Caleb struggled to calm himself, and Radiant, down, looking over at Brookelyn. "Sounds fantastic! I have to say that I love nothing more than a high paced, reckless gallop." he said, his smile returning and his blue eyes lighting up. It was true, anything at full speed was his ultimate idea of fun. Speed was what made him and Radiant such a difficult eventing team to beat.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:36 am

Brookelyns eyes sparkled, her wild heart fluttering for the feel of the breeze rushing past her, the thudding of the four-paced gait and the rush she would get. She could see that Caleb could hardly control himself either. "Then what are we still doing here?" she asked jokingly. She tapped her heels on Hollow, who immediately burst into a trot, tossing his head and shaking it. Brookelyn frowned at him, "you be good," she mumbled. His ears flickered back as she spoke and his head dipped into a beautiful position, as if he understood her demand and complied. She smiled once again, turning slightly to make sure Caleb was following.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 am

Determined to not be left behind, Caleb's smile became mischevious as he shifted his weight in the saddle forward, a barely noticeable movement. Radiant responded instantly, smoothly breaking into a high kneed, springy canter and taking mere seconds to catch up with Brookelyn and Hollow. Shifting his weight again, Caleb asked Radiant to trot and the gelding obeyed, tucking his chin but holding his head high with excitement, gnawing restlessly at his bit. Taking one hand from the reins to stroke his stallion's neck, Caleb smiled over at Brookelyn. "A speed demon, eh? Let's get going then!" he called, already allowing Radiant to move forward. A second later they were sprinting ahead, Radiant tearing along the flat trail as though he were flying, each hoof spending barely a split-second on the ground with each stride, his black tail streaking behind like a flag. The rush of galloping thick in his blood, Caleb let out a loud cheer and urged Radiant faster, knowing Brookelyn would catch up.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 am

Brookelyn was quietly amazed at the sutlety that Caleb used to get Radiant to respond. She glanced at Hollow, his conection to her was not strong enough for that yet. She sighed, her old pony was perfect, he knew what she was thinking and practically responded to that! She didn't mind though, Hollow was an amazingly talented horse, who her bond was strong with, but just not at that stage yet. She smiled and kicked him into a gallop right behind Radiant. "Come on boy, lets show 'em what we've got!" She leaned forward and let him have his head, feeling him surge beneath her, she shot past Caleb, but had a nagging suspicion they were holding back. She looked back at him, but when she turned her head afront again, the gate was there! Taking a chance she rounded Hollow up and asked him to jump it. He wasn't a brilliant jumper, but he soared, landing neatly on the other side.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:47 am

Caleb couldn't deny that he was thoroughly impressed by both Hollow's speed and Brookelyn's skill as a rider. Seeing the gate rushing towards him, Radiant lengthened his strides eagerly, power surging through him as he prepared for the jump. As Radiant leapt into the air without breaking stride, Caleb went with him effortlessly, stroking Radiant vigorously once he had landed and slowed to a canter. "Adda' boy!" he praised, sitting deep in the saddle and asking for trot. Radiant responded without hesitation, and the pair halted as they came up beside Brookelyn and Hollow. "Nicely done!" he said to her, beaming. His blue eyes were bright with adrenaline and he could still feel it beating through him, his heart pounding with the thrill.

Last edited by WarHorse on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:01 pm

"That was amazing!" Brookelyn gasped breathlessly. She smiled at his praise, stroking Hollow again. She leaned over in her saddle, stroking Radiant's large buckskin head. "You've got a nice jump," she murmered to him. She sat straight and looked back at Caleb. "Well, now where do you want to go?" she asked. She leaned down and pulled the girth up another hole, thankful her saddle hadn't slipped in the jump.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Radiant nickered cheerfully at Brookelyn's touch, stretching his muzzle out towards her. Smiling, Caleb rubbed Radiant's neck and watched as Brookelyn finished adjusting her saddle. "Yeah, good fun round a cross country course." he said to her before looking around, trying to figure out where they were. It came to him after a moment, and he nodded to himself. "We'll take this trail on the left; it's pretty flat with a hill or two and leads down to the river." Caleb told Brookelyn, pointing at the trail he had spoken about. Radiant followed his finger and looked down the trail with pricked ears, nickering again.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Brookelyn nodded, keen to let Caleb take lead. She smiled down at Radiant, before putting her left leg on to move Hollow over. She motioned with her hand for Caleb to go first, her eyes shining with her smile. "I'm lost anyway," she laughed, shrugging, "so you go first."
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 am

Seeing Brookelyn move Hollow closer, Caleb struggled to hide a blush as he laughed at her statement. "Yeah, I have to admit I was for a moment, too." he chuckled, beaming at her, "Sure you trust me?" Winking, his blue eyes alight with joy, he asked Radiant to move forward and started heading down the trail at a calm walk, turning his body and resting a hand on Radiant's rump to see if Brookelyn was following. Still trying to control his burning cheeks, Caleb hoped that it wasn't noticaeable.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 am

Brookelyn looked intently at him, was that the slightest brushes of red in his cheeks? She was overwhelmed with a feeling of pleasure, but showed it only with a smile and a nod at Caleb to tell acknowledge that she was following. Hollow had follow Radiant effortlessly, falling into the tracks of the big buckskin. Brookelyn cast her glance downward, stroking his neck, at least he didn't mind geldings.

[War, why havent you replied to the Warriors one I started?]
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 am

Glad that Brookelyn was following, Caleb slowed Radiant so that they could walk side by side. The trees around them quickly became thicker, until they were soon covered in the dappled sunlight that managed to shine through the canopy above them. Song birds sang cheerfully and bright flowers dotted the healthy, lush green forest, creating a beautifully picturesque scene. After admiring the beauty of the forest, Caleb turned to Brookelyn and smiled at her. "So, is Hollow your first horse?" he asked her, unsure of how else to start a conversation. Radiant snatched at a fern as he walked along, grabbing it between his teeth and then tucking his head as though nothing had happened.

[sorry, I haven't been on in a while]
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:26 am

Brookelyn looked over at him, now that they were level. She smiled again, "it's nice out here," she murmered. She remembered her home, the big Fresian farm, perhaps she should bring a different horse next year? She dismissed the thought, subconsiously patting the black stallion, there would never be a horse that could outshine him in her eyes. She looked back at Caleb.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Caleb smiled as Brookelyn fondly stroked her beautiful stallion, subconciously reaching forward to pat Radiant's shoulder. The gelding snorted softly, grabbing yet another mouthful of leaves as he walked. His blue eyes fixed on Brookelyn, Caleb wondered if he needed to remind her of his question. Maybe she was just considering how to answer... Either way, he was content to wait and watched as she thought.

Last edited by WarHorse on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:59 am

Brookelyn came back to the real-world. "No," she replied, "he's not my first horse, but he is my first champion." Her bright smile reached her eyes, making them twinkle in the sunlight. "What about Radiant? Tell me his story."
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:57 am

Brookelyn's brilliant smile was infectious and Caleb soon found himself smiling back at her. "He sure looks like a champion." he told her, ruffling Radiant's mane. "As for Raddy..." Caleb paused as Radiant snorted, "he's my second. My first horse was a lovely mare named Willow Kiss, but she was badly injured during a competition..." He drifted off suddenly, withdrawing into the memories of that horrific day. A wave of guilt and self hatred swept over him and he struggled to supress it, not wanting to ruin such a beautiful ride. "Uh, I retired her and Radiant's her foal. And while Radiant was growing up I worked at different studs, exercising their horses..." he explained. Again the memories pressed against his mind, but Caleb pushed them away, stroking Radiant's dusty-golden neck.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:00 am

"An accident?" Brookelyn echoed. Her eyes were wide with concern, she didn't miss the change in emotion that rippled across Caleb's handsome face. He blames himself... she suddenly realised. She wondered about asking, but realised the wound must still be tender.
"I imaging Willow Kiss must have been beautiful, Radiant is stunning. So anyway," she said changing the subject, "What brought you down here?"
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:19 am

Knowing Brookelyn had carefully steered the conversation in a different direction, Caleb looked over at her and smiled appreciatively. "I thought I'd move down here with Radiant for a while, seeing as there are so many competitions 'round here. Willow's back home with my parents..." he paused for a moment, searching for words. It was true that he hadn't planned on staying here for very long, but he had become so fond of the beautiful stable. And was quickly becoming fond of a certain beautiful person... Feeling a blush emerging on his face, Caleb quickly brushed the thoughts away. "But I really think I might move down here for good and bring Willow, too. Maybe put her in foal again." he finally finished, a bright smile lighting up his face. He let his mind drift for a moment, imagining what it would be like to live at the stables. Radiant seemed so happy here, and there were so many excellent horses and riders. Not to mention being able to see Brookelyn more often..
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 am

Brookelyn smiled and looked around.
"It is beautiful here," she agreed, "I'd love to see Willow." She suddenly had a thought, she didn't know if Caleb would like it, but she decided to try it anyway.
"Um... if you wanted to put Willow in foal... um... you're more than welcome to use Hollow," she couldn't look at him, instead staring at the Stallion beneath her. He'd fathered one foal back at home, beautiful young filly named Midnight's Calling. She forced herself to meet his eye and add, "But if you're looking for a horse of Willow's pedigree, I wont be offended if you say no.." She smiled, looking at Radiant then back at his master.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:18 am

Caleb faltered for a moment at her hesitation, both surprised and alarmed. "Pedigree?" he repeated, a strangled laugh bubbling up, "No, not at all! Willow's just your average Thoroughbred, Warmblood cross. And Radiant's not offically an Iberian Sport Horse... he's more of a bitza." Radiant halted and stomped a hoof loudly at the entanglement of his name and Caleb's mocking tone. Relaxing again, Caleb laughed at the buckskin and ruffled Radiant's dark mane boisterously, the actions rushed with a lingering nervous energy. Why was he nervous again? He looked back over at Brookelyn and smiled a little oddly at her, half shrugging. "It would be a true honour to have a foal sired by Hollow, and I'm certain it would be a real stunner, too! I think it's a great idea!" he told her, the idea of moving to the stables suddenly far more appealing.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:01 am

Brookelyn let out the breath she realised she'd been holding.
"Great!" she said joyfully, stroking Hollow's neck excitedly. She smiled vibrantly at Caleb, unable to supress the sheer glee she had of the idea. She looked back at her midnight black mount, wondering what kind of foal the two would throw. She looked back at Caleb, seeing a strange look on his face, but she decided not to say anything. Perhaps he was worried about letting her stallion get his mare in foal... She shrugged it off, he sounded genuinely pleased with the idea.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Letting out a short, hurried laugh Caleb smiled at her and asked Radiant to walk on, looking out at the surrounding forests again. What was wrong with him? He frowned as he thought about it, worried that Brookelyn might be getting the wrong idea. It certainly wasn't about putting Willow in foal, that he was excited about. Was it moving to the stables permanently? But that was unlikely, he knew he would love it here. So what was it...? Caleb shook his head, bewildered. The track had begun to slope downwards, leading down to the river.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Brookelyn looked at the sloping trail, feeling her stallion pull at the reins a little. "Mind if I let him go?" she asked Caleb sweetly, refering to the way her mount was pulling at her. Her eyes glittered, Hollow's energy coursing through her too. He wanted to run, and she wanted to be with him. He had an amazing, gallop, and she loved the feeling of the wind in her hair. Hollow began to jog, waiting for the 'okay', his behaviour provoked an effect on Radiant, who flicked his ears at his companion and snorted.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum