Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gettin Ready

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gettin Ready - Page 2 Empty Re: Gettin Ready

Post  WarHorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:57 am

Picturing Brookelyn cuddling a little Friesian foal, Caleb luaghed and nodded at her. "Alright. That does sound cute!" he chuckled. He had missed Brookelyn's hand signal and went over to the spot where the jumping poles and a number wings were placed. He picked two of the wings up with ease and carried them over to the centre of the arena before placing one on either side of the poles. With his hands on his hips, Caleb looked at the poles with a frown. "So, how high do you want them?" he asked, looking up at Brookelyn and smiling. The idea of jumping reminded him of Radiant, and he wondered how the buckskin gelding was going in his stall.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 am

She smiled, "not big, she's only five!" She put the cup into the fourth hole on the wing, so that the point would barely be thirty centimetres high. She still worried about her little sister, but new that she didn't need to, for when Caleb had put up the other side and they had both stepped away, Cindy and Charm trotted over it with ease, Charm popping it with the little energetic moments he had. Brookelyn laughed, he hadn't needed to pop over it, but it was cute that he did. Cindy loved it, it made her feel like she was soaring an A-grade straight.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:11 am

Caleb watched the pair go over the little jump and smiled at Charm's 'pop' over it. He shook his head with amazement and looked over at Brookelyn. "I can't get over how fantastic they look together. An ideal match." he told her, "Should we make the jump a teeny bit bigger?" He remembered what Brookelyn had said before and exaggerated the "teeny" part. He didn't want her to think that he'd ask such a young girl to jump anything over 50cm. Caleb looked over at Charm and Cindy and shook his head again, smiling.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Brookelyn smiled at Caleb and nodded, they could go up a little bit more. They had once jumped 65cm but Charm had taken off too late and Cindy had fallen from the sudden lurch. Brookelyn looked at her sister as she raised the centre of the crosspole to 45cm, and Cindy looked worried, she still hadn't forgotten that fall. "You'll be right Cindy," Brookelyn called out encouragingly. The young girl mustered a smile and pointed Charm at it. The intelligent little pony realised the jump was different, and perked his ears, itching to approach at a canter. "Steady Charm," Cindy murmered, tightening the reins to keep him trotting. He jumped it easily, much gentler this time, and Cindy felt a surge of confidence go through her.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:02 pm

Caleb couldn't help but let out a small luagh of amazement as they went over the jump. "Well done!" he called out to Cindy, genuinly impressed. It seemed as though there was nothing the pair couldn't do. His thoughts wandered to Radiant in his stall again and he felt a slight change in his mood. He was eager to ride, and he was sure his buckskin felt the same. But watching Cindy ride was a lot of fun and he liked being able to help Brookelyn. He shrugged his thoughts away and, looking over at Brookelyn, smiled at her.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 pm

"That's enough for today Cindy, Charm hasn't done that for a while. I want you to do 10 mins of flatwork before you cool down. Okay?" Brookelyn called. Cindy nodded and dropped one rein to give her a thumb-up. Brookelyn looked back a Caleb, "Lets put this jump away and then go tack up our horses hey? Unless you don't want to go for that trail after all..." she hadn't thought about if Caleb had changed his mind. She smiled at him pleasently and awaited his response.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Holding back the relief he had thought he'd shrugged away, Caleb smiled brightly at her. "Of course! I'd love to!" he said, a little surprised. He chuckled softly and picked up two of the poles, the ones that made up the jump, and rested one on each shoulder before carrying them away. Once he had put them down with the other spare poles, he turned to Brookelyn and smiled. "I'm sure you'll be right with the other poles." he joked as he walked back to her. He shook his head and chuckled." But I'll take the wings for you. Is that alright?" he asked, tilting his head ever so slighty.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:14 pm

"Oh you're too kind," Brookelyn cooed, before laughing at him. "Sure, take the wings. Thanks." She grabbed the other two poles and carried them awkwardly away. She turned back to Caleb, waiting for him to put the wings away, and then glanced at Cindy and Charm. They were doing a lovely leg-yeild at walk and Brookelyn smiled, she was so proud of her sister.
"You're doing great, Cindy," she praised. The five-year old smiled at her compliment and her big sister grinned back.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:45 am

With ease, Calab lifted the first wing and then stretched to grab the second one. They were large and undeniably awkward to carry, but he tried to hide how they hampered his movement. He put them down near the other poles with a barely audible grunt before turning to Brookelyn with a characteristic, cheerful smile. She wasn't looking though, and he followed her gaze to watch her little sister with Charm yet again. Caleb shook his head and placed a gentle on Brookelyn's shoulder, chuckling softly. "I don't think those two will ever cease to surprise me." he said happily, his eyes bright.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:29 pm

She looked at him, feeling his touch yet not evading from it, and smiled. "They never cease to amaze me either," she agreed. "Now lets go get our horses ready." Her eyes sparkled, she loved trail riding. It was so beautiful around here, she knew Hollow would love it, if he was being good... She smiled again, recalling their first trail ride, and how magical it was.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 am

Excited by the thought of getting back into the saddle, Caleb nodded eagerly, his eyes bright. "Sounds good." he chuckled, giving Brookelyn's shoulder an affection and almost rough pat. He walked off, glancing over his shoulder to see if she would follow, heading towards the stable. He paused, easily able to imagine Radiant's energetic expression. The stallion would be fiery out on the trails, and he hoped that Brookelyn wouldn't mind a few full speed gallops.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 am

Brookelyn didn't mind the rough pat on the shoulder, she admired Caleb's easy-going nature and how relaxed and friendly he was towards her. She grinned breaking into a jog and playfully shoving him aside, "Come on slowcoach!" she teased, poking her tongue out at him as she tottered ahead. She was excited, though slightly nervous as Hollow's temperment was normaly mild he could be a little excitable and pig-headed.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Caleb laughed aloud, picking up a jog and dashing after Brookelyn. Reaching her, he slowed his pace to jog beside her, a cheeky grin on his bright features. "Slow coach?" he repeated, pretending to look offended, "Never!" He sped up again, sprinting to the stable doors. He skidded, barely avoiding slamming into the doors, and spun around, trying to look as though he had been waiting for a while. Leaning one shoulder on the door way, he folded his arms and listened to the curious whinnies and nickers from inside. One whinny boomed out louder than the rest, and Caleb smiled as he recognised Radiant's call. Judging by the volume of it, the buckskin was getting impatient. And most likely jealous.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Brookelyn let loose a squeal of laughter, bolting after him. She saw him stop suddenly, also miscalculating the distance. She swore under her breath, putting the skids on but she knew that she wasn't going to make it. SHe collided into Caleb, the door swing open and sending them sprawling onto the ground. "I'm so sorry," she repeated over and over, trying to pick herself up off the floor.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Thrown suddenly to the ground, Caleb struggled to register what had just happened. Blinking, he tried to sit up and realised Brookelyn was on top of him, his brain finally clicking. He struggled to pull himself away from her, unable to stop himself from smiling as her apologies tumbled out. "No, hey it's alright." he chuckled, freeing his feet and standing upright at last. "You ok?" he asked. Leaning forward, he held a hand out to her.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:05 pm

She smiled, taking his hand and allowing him to help her up. "Thanks." She was embarrassed and could feel her cheeks burning. "Lets get ready hey?" She tucked a loose strand of dark hair behind her ear and moved away to get Hollow's tack. She placed it on his stall door and began to groom him. "I really am sorry," she called over her shoulder as she curry-combed Hollow's midnight black coat. The stallions soft eyes stared at her red cheeks.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:22 pm

"Nah, don't worry about it." Caleb replied, a cheerful smile lighting up his face. On his way to the tack room he stopped at Radiant's and gvae his golden face a vigorous rub. Radiant nickered happily bumping his muzzle against Calab's chest and nibbling at his jacket. Chuckling, Caleb pushed him gently away and tottered off to get the gelding's tack. When he got back, Radiant began to whinny excitedly, pawing eagerly as Caleb fought to open the stall door and made his way through.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Brookelyn was quick at tacking up from the shows, and Hollow was soon ready to go.
"You ready?" she asked gently, hoping not to annoy him or pressure him. She stroked Hollow lovingly as she waited, leaning on the stable door. She ruffled his forelock and hugged his neck.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Caleb started at Brookelyn's words, surprised and impressed at how fast she was. "Uh...almost!" he called back, tightening Radiant's girth up another hole. Radiant was still bridleless, and looked at Caleb with a puzzled expression. Grabbing the bridle and moving to Radiant's head, he held the bit in front of the gelding's mouth and clicked quietly, silently willing him to behave. Luckily, Radiant opened his mouth obediantly and Caleb slipped the bridle on, leading him to the stall door. Unlatching it, he smiled over at Brookelyn. "All ready." he said as Radiant started sniffing his pockets.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Brookelyn smiled at him. "Awesome," she replied. "Lets go." She led Hollow outside and swung herself gracefully onto the stallions' broad back. She stroked Hollow gently and murmered something to him. She looked to Caleb and admired Radiant. "He really is stunning," she said in awe, inclining her head at the buckskin.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:54 pm

[war??]
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 am

As though understanding the compliment, Radiant arched his neck proudly as Caleb led him out of the stall. Caleb shook his head and ruffled his gelding's mane, smiling up at Brookelyn. "And boy does he know it!" he remarked, moving closer to the saddle to check his stirrups. Looking over at Brookelyn, he took a moment to admire her beautiful stallion, and how comfortable she looked mounted on him. "Woah, you two are a pretty stunning pair yourselves." Caleb told her with a smile. He felt his cheeks starting to burn and mounted Radiant quickly, so she wouldn't see. Feeling Caleb's weight in the stable, Radiant lifted his nose and started to paw at the air.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 am

[Sorry, had to go get dinner ready =P]
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  lkbrox Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am

"Thankyou," Brookelyn smiled. She saw the gelding pawing at the air and admired his spunk. Caleb had spunk too, she thought, blushing wildly as she realised what she'd just thought. "Lets go," she said, kicking Hollow gently. The stallion imediately responded, walking forward briskly. He kept his head poised and his legs elevated gracefully. She smiled, she was so lucky to have him.
lkbrox
lkbrox

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 am

All Caleb had to do was lean ever so slightly forward and Radiant moved off at a fast walk, his ears pricked and energy pulsing him through him. Caleb smiled and picked up his loose reins, asking the gelding to lower his head onto the bit. Radiant responded after a moment, but as soon as he was out of the stable he began to prance and toss his head. Determined to not embarress himself in front of Brookelyn, Caleb gripped the reins tighter and sat deep, trying to steady the excitable gelding. As Radiant felt the weight increase on his back and mouth he calmed, and Caleb lightened his seat and grip almost instantly. Looking over at Brookelyn, he did his best to look casual and shrugged, smiling brightly.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum