Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life on the ranch

2 posters

Go down

Life on the ranch Empty Life on the ranch

Post  Pinto Thu May 13, 2010 12:53 am

Tffany woke up early Monday morning, she cleaned her teeth, had breakfast, shower, got changed and brushed her hair and she walked down to the large barn, opening the doors as they softly creaked. She smiled"hey guys"she said and then she gave each horse fresh water and food and she walked out of the barn and went and helped her dad move some timber wood into the back of the truck and helped her mum water the garden and feed the chickens, pigs and cows. She then wandered abck to the barn"who wants to go for a run?"she asked the horses adn laughed softly as Rustic Racer neighed loudly"okay, okay Rustic i'll take you"she went and grabbed Rustic, leading him out barn and tieing him up and she groomed him and then went and grabbed his tack she saw her brother and he asked"where are you going?"she said nothing and placed the saddle pad on Rustic's abck and then the saddle, tightening the girth her brother asked again"where are you going?"
Tiffany swung around and looked at her younger brother"for a ride, idiot"she said. She had 3 brothers all up, 2 older 1 younger and she was the only daughter. There was Marcus who was 25, Kurtis who was also 25, Marcus's twin and the youngest, who was with her now, Andrew who was 14.
"That's you ahd to say, knucklehead"Andrew grunted and walked off
Tiffany growled to herself and she petted Rustic and then undid his halter and put his bridle on and she led him over to the gate which led to the area where the herds of horses from their ranch were and the few wild horses in the area. She unlocked the gate and led Rustic in and then shut it behind her, locking it when her mum and dad looked over at her"where ya going?"they asked
"to see if i can spot some wild horses"Tiffany replied as she swung herself on Rustic's back and he took off into the countryside.
Going for about 15 minutes of galloping Tiffany slowed Rustic to a walk and she looked around, it was so peaceful out here. She rode him up the mountain and stopping at the rather small cliff edge and she dismounted, ieing his reins to his sadle so they wouldn't slip down she let him go and wander, which he did but not far. She sat down, looking over the cliff, waiting for wild horses to run by.

[guy wanted thanks]
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Life on the ranch Empty Re: Life on the ranch

Post  WarHorse Sat May 15, 2010 2:17 am

Hooves pounded the soft earth vigorously, pushing off the grass in long, mighty strides. A dark buckskin streak raced across the fields, a golden gleam in the sunlight. Air burst from her flared muzzle, her eyes wide with adrenaline and fear, ears pinned against her neck. Her legs flew wildly across the ground, a dark blur of speed. Her fit body bunched and stretched massively as she extended, flying faster than she knew she could. Clutching to her short mane and reins, Eli tried in vain to slow her down. "Woah Faith!!!" he called to the frightened mare. But it was no use; the mix of such a terrible sight and the wild freedom of being in the open sent Light Of Faith into an unstoppable frenzy, one that had carried him far beyond where he had ridden before. Cursing softly to himself, he looked around the blurred world for the sign of anything familiar. Nothing. Colours were smudged together and the wind lashed at his eyes, forcing him to squint. A long while later, exhaustion over-rode fear and Faith slowed, panting loudly. Eli quickly asked her to slow, but didn't allow the mare to halt. Instead he kept her walking so her muscles wouldn't stiffen up and damage her. Faith's head drooped low and her hooves dragged along the ground, her breathing heavy. Worried about her and worried about where on earth he was, Eli knew he was in trouble. As he looked around for familiar landmarks, he saw a girl sitting on a short cliff's edge, looking out into the distance. She was looking away from him, and hadn't spotted him yet, so he decided to head over. Maybe she could help him get back to the stables. Dismounting from Faith, he lead her up a short rise and towards the girl.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat May 15, 2010 2:39 am

Tiffany heard hooves thundering behind her and before she could see who it was she saw Rustic trot up to her"hey boy"she said with a smile. She stood up, brushed off and petted the gelding. She then noticed a mare and a boy.. She hadn't seen him before, what was he doing on her parents' land? Tiffany untied Rustic's reins, swinging them gently over his head she kept a tight hold on them so he wouldn't go stupid over seeing another, new horse. He did that soemtimes.. She then noticed the boy and the mare coming towards her and she took a few steps forward before stopping as the mare got closer"who are you?"she asked Eli. She then looked at the mare. She was gorgeous. But she seemed frightened about something

Rustic pricked his ears at the sight of the mare and then whinnied to her in greeting. He could tell she was scared about something but he didn't know what.. He flicked his tail and nudged Tiffany softly.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sat May 15, 2010 3:54 am

Asking Faith to halt, Eli smiled politely at the girl. She looked around his age, and the horse beside her seemed very well bred. It looked his luck may have started to turn around. "Um, sorry. I'm Eli and, well... I'm kind of lost." he began with an apologetic shrug, "My mare spooked out on a trail ride and I'm not sure where I am. Or, to be honest, how to get back." Faith sighed deeply, her head still low to the ground, and Eli patted her neck worriedly. The poor mare was in no state to anywhere far; she was in need of a long rest, feed and a drink. It wasn't until then that he noticed how gingerly she held her front leg. Bending down to feel along it, he realised that her cannon bone was flaming hot, indicating lameness for sure. Groaning, he straightened up and looked at the girl. "Perhaps you could help me out?" he asked. This was not the kind of situation he wanted to be in. Lost with a lame and exhausted horse. Great.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat May 15, 2010 3:58 am

iffany chuckled as he explain the situation"don't worry."she said"This is all my parents' land and the house isn't too far away."she then noticed him check Faith leg"Is she alright?" She then slowly released Rustic's reins incase he went crazy. But he didn't. He merely wandered away to graze.
Rustic snorted softly ad then he felt Tiffany's grip on his reins growing weaker and weaker and once her hand dropped to her side he wandered away and lowered his head graze, bored and not interested in anything right now.. He was just in a 'mood'.
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sat May 15, 2010 4:21 am

Finally noticing the other horse through the haze of exhaustion, Faith looked over at the stunning horse and nickered faintly, feeling dizzy. Eli's presence beside her was comforting, and she was so tired that the fear she had felt before had now almost completely faded. She felt too tired too even graze, though as she watched the other horse she was reminded of how hungry she was.
Sighing, Eli nodded. "No, unfortunately. She's pretty lame by the feel of things. She may have strained it..." he wandered off, suddenly wondering if it was something much worse. But he shook his head and shoved the thought away. If it was worse she would've been limping. Smiling shyly at the girl, he felt a little guilty abou pulling her into his situation. "I'm sorry to ask, but... Do you think...Would it be alright if I brought Faith to your stables?" he asked quietly. It was a big ask, especially as this girl had never even seen him before, and it was complicated. Faith wouldn't be better in a few horses, and probably not over night... Preparing himself for a rejection, he started to think about what his other options were.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat May 15, 2010 4:27 am

Tiffany sighed softly as he spoke but as he asked if she could stay at her stables with said"sure! The more the merrier!"she smiled warmly. She glanced back over the cliff and sighed softly. She wasn't able to say long enough to see the horses come today... maybe she could come alter one and see them. She looekd over at Rustic and then called"Rustic! come 'ere!"and with that Rustic jerked his head up and trotted over gleefully, nickering at Faith"well if we're gonna go we better go now."she then glanced over the cliff one more time efore she started walking, Rustic nudged both Eli and Faith before trotting after Tiffany, slowing to a walk beside her. He lowered his head to her chest height and snorted softly. He didn't want to go just yet but he didn't want to leave Tiffany either.
Tiffany glanced over at Eli and Fait and waved them over"come on! get a move on!"she smiled at Eli and chuckled softly before continuind to walk
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Sat May 15, 2010 4:45 am

A broad smile of relief spreading across his face, Eli picked up Faith's reins, encouraged her to lift her head and asked her to walk on. She hesitated before taking an unsteady step forward, and when she tried to put weight on her sore leg she stumbled. Eli took it slow and after a few more attempts, she was willing to walk along slowly, limping but steady. Luckily, the grass was beautifully soft, and made it much easier for Faith to walk. When they'd eventually caught up to the girl, he smiled appreciatively. "Thank you so much! This is such a big help! I've got no idea what else I'd do and... Thank you!" he said quickly, unable to really express how grateful he was. Still smiling brightly, he realised he hadn't learnt her name yet. "Oh! I don't think I caught your name." he said, genuinely wanting to know. She seemed like a really nice girl, and he wanted to repay her for her help as soon as he could.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinto Sat May 15, 2010 4:51 am

Tiffany chuckled softly as he spoke quickly"don't worry aout it."she said"seriously. On our ranch we helped tramatized, sick or injured horses. Well i do my brothers and pranets do other things but yeah. TIt's really great."she smiled as she thought about helping all the horses"Rustic used to be bad around people.."she said, thinking back"he was yougnt hen though"she smield and hugged Rustic"oh yeah!"she said, looking at Eli"i'm so sorry i didn't mean to be so rude! I'm Tiffany!"she looked at the ground quickly, like she did something terribly bad..
Pinto
Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down