Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn At The Stables

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Dawn At The Stables - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn At The Stables

Post  LillyStar Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Amelia smiled and walked over to the pair, holding her hand out for Ballad to sniff. She looked up at Matt. "The pole really helps, I trained Mimic from a foal and he used to jump way too early. But it helps." She paused and thought for a moment. "You try it a few more times and then I'll take away the pole. When its gone ride Ballad as if it is still there. Block with your hands, not trying to slow her but just blocking her, sit deep and try to collect her stride" Amelia glanced back at Mimic and called his name. The stallion pricked his ears and walked over towards Amelia, nudging her with his nose when he got close enough. "Hmm. I was thinking that Ballad's previous jumping experiences have been not too good, maybe knocking the rail or being unsure about the jump" Amelia patted Mimic's nose as she spoke. "I think she just needs to relax a bit more and settle into it, and she can do that if you are relaxed" She looked up and Matt then at the jump. "I'll set it up so there are 2 jumps allowing enough space for 2 strides inbetween" The girl spoke as she walked over and set up the jumps. She counted the steps inbetween the two thinking about Ballad's stride, if collected she would make the 2 nicely. "Just make sure you block her a little and sit deep, and do not jump before she does" Amelia said before placing the pole at the same height as the first and moving back.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Matt and Ballad both watched as Amelia set up the jumps. "I haven't really jumped her since I bought her, but I've been thinking the same thing." he nodded. Matt picked up the reins and Ballad put her head onto the bit, he tapped her with his heels and she trotted, and when he tapped again she moved into a strong, collected canter. As Matt turned her towards the jump he kept contact with her mouth and sat deep and relaxed in the saddle. He felt Ballad relax beneath him almost instantly, reasurred by his feelings. She pricked her ears, lifted her feet over the pole and took off over the jump. Matt moved with her and sat deep when she landed, keeping her perfectly collected. She took two strides, looking closely at the jump, before springing into the air. Matt was careful to not get left behind and went with her. Ballad landed well and cantered away from the jump, swishing her tail. Both jumps were still standing. Like last time, Matt began to praise in a proud, cheerful voice and stroked her neck.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:20 pm

Amelia smiled and clapped. "Ok, try it again, this time see if she will collect herself and give her her head." Amelia paid special attention to the mare. She probably needs a pair of jumping boots, Matt wouldn't want her getting hurt.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Matt nodded and loosened the reins, but continued to deep and relaxed in the saddle. Ballad stretched her neck out slightly but her canter remained collected because of his seat. She sped up ever so slightly as she reached the jumps, but slowed as she went over the pole. She cleared the first jump easily, now that she had done it a few times, but as she prepared for the next jump Matt felt her blance shift to the left. He tapped his left heel against her side and barely tugged at the right rein, and her balance became centred again. Ballad jumped neatly over the second fence much more smoothly than the first time and landed well. Matt patted her shoulder and praised her yet again and he felt Ballad speed up happily. When they came around to Amela, he said, "This is really helping her. She's getting the idea of it now and I think she even likes it." Ballad nickered sweetly and looked at the jumps with pricked ears. "Thank you." he said gratefully.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Amelia smiled. "Well done, and you're welcome, I think she could be an amazing jumper, some horses just need to be ensured that nothing is going to happen" She smiled and headed over towards the other jumps, putting them down. "Why don't you try a small course with her, it will teach her not just to collect on the straight but to do so throughout the course and stay patient" Amelia walked back to Mimic and mounted swiftly, collecting her reins she looked towards the course. Mimic stretched his nose out towards the mare and nickered softly.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:46 pm

Matt nodded looking out over the course and memorizing it. He knew that Ballad would always be a dressage horse, but was still glad that they were working on getting over this little bump. Matt moved Ballad into first a delicate trot and then a strong, balanced canter and looked out towards the first jump. She raised her head as she saw it, but Matt's calm seat kept her steady and she took off at the right time. She cleared the jump nicely and Matt lightly steered her towards the next one, Ballad remaining collected around the corners. After all, collection was almost natural for a dressage horse.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Amelia watched as Matt and Ballad went over the course, jumping very well. She nodded as Matt kept Ballad collected and looked towards the next jump. "For this jump keep your leg on, and get a bit more contact on her mouth, she may try something with this one" Amelia watched and moved Mimic into a walk.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:01 am

Matt took her advice as he turned towards the next jump and Ballad lifted her head a fraction, ears pricked. He put leg on and sat deep in the saddle, asking for her head to lower. She responded and arched her neck, cantering with relaxed, collected strides. He looked out for a shift in her weight to either the left or side, which would suggest a refusal. He wieght didn't shift, but she hesitated just a stride before the jump. Matt tapped her sides and relaxed even more. Ballad took comfort from him and took off powerfully, soaring carefully over the jump.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:21 am

Amelia smiled. "Well done" She called out. Clicking her tongue Mimic moved into a storng canter, working on the bit and staying at a even pace. At A she put him on a 20m circle, mainly using her legs to guide him around in a nice, even round circle. She looked at where Matt was, 3/4 of the way through and she started the course.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:31 am

Matt stroked Ballad's dappled neck for a moment after she had cleared yet another of the jumps. She'd never jumped this well before, and he was thrilled. He turned her around the next corner, her canter perfectly smooth, relaxed and balanced and her head held easily on the bit. He kept her strides even as she approached the fence and cleared it, landing lightly and cantering away. Her ears flicked towards Matt, listening to his every signal. They cleared the next jump effortlessly and he beamed, his happiness reaching Ballad. As they cantered towards the last jump Matt allowed her to speed up, feeling how eager she was. She took the jump perfectly and precisely, picking up her feet neatly over the fence. He allowed her to stretch her neck and rubbed her neck vigorously, so proud of her. She seemed to smiled and nickered sweetly at his praise. They slowed to a turned and Matt turned his head to watch Amelia through the course. He really had to make this up to her. Perhaps there was an area of dressage that she needed some help with? Though Matt wasn't anywhere near a show jumper, he had competed at some of the highest levels of dressage and there wasn't anything he and Ballad didn't know how to do.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:56 am

Amelia moved her left leg back and applied slight pressure as they turned. She watched the space just above the jump and rose out of the saddle as Mimic's front feet left the ground. Once the two had finished the course she dismounted and lifted Mimic's reins over his head. "I'm just going to grab Tip Toe now, I'll be right back" She darted off and quickly untacked Mimic. She slipped on Tip Toe's bride and mounted bareback. She headed back up to the jumping arena and entered, closing the gate behind her.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:13 am

Matt was walking Ballad on a loose rein, talking to her softly and telling her how proud he was. He smiled and ruffled her dark mane as she snorted, flicking her tail. When Amelia returned he looked up, surprised. "Well, that really was quick." he remarked. He was also suprised by the lack of saddle. Her other horse, Tip Toe, was very nicely built as well. He steered Ballad over to her, smiling.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:16 am

Amelia smiled "I had her bridle ready" She said. Tip Toe flicked her ears, listening to Matt and curious about the other mare. "This is Tip Toe, my eventer" She patted the mare's solid neck and gathered her reins.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:25 am

Matt smiled and nodded at the other mare. "Hello Tip Toe." he said, smiling. Ballad took a few steps over to her, muzzle outstretched and eyes curious. He let her go forward, knowing the dapple grey would behave herself, and looked up at Amelia. "So... why did you switch horses?" he asked, almost as curious as Ballad.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 am

Amelia patted Tip Toe as she spoke. "Well Mimic has had his turn now its Tip Toe's. I take turns in riding them, keeps them fit." She paused. "And, Tip Toe can't jump as well as Mimic but she is great in Cross Country" She looked towards the jumps. Tip Toe took a step towards the mare and nickered softly.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:55 am

Matt nodded and watched as Ballad sniffed Tip Toe, her dark muzzle almost touching the other mare's. He picked up his reins and Ballad brought her head back onto the bit, ears flicking. He looked over to the dressage arena longingly. After their jumping lesson, he was missing being in the dressage arena and being able to do whatever he and Ballad pleased. He looked back to Amelia and smiled. "Why don't we go into the dressage arena? Perhaps I can repay for your wonderful advice before." he suggested. Ballad nickered and raised a dainty hoof, waving it in the air.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:08 am

Amelia nodded. "Sure, that would be great" She said, turning Tip Toe around and swinging open the large gate. Tip Toe walked through the gate and they headed over towards the dressage arena. The mare snorted and lowered her head onto the bit.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 am

Matt opened the gate of the dressage arena and walked inside, closing it behind Amelia. Ballad pricked her ears forward and began to prance, excited to be back in such a familiar arena. Matt smiled and urged her forward into a beautiful, powerful extended trot. She stretched her legs out gracefully, quickly covering the length of the arena. He collected her trot at the centre and tapped his heels and sat deep at A. She tucked her head into her chest and began to piaffe, swishing her tail happily. Matt smiled cheerfully and allowed her to do her dancing trot for a moment longer, loving the feel of her strong quarters.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am

Amelia smiled, watching Matt and Ballad go through various dressage moves. Tip Toe paced on the spot and Amelia laughed. With small pressure on her sides Tip Toe moved into a strong, bouncy canter. At C Amelia moved into the diagonal and slowed Tip Toe's canter. She put her out side leg back and gave a small tap with the whip on the mare's rump to ensure they didn't slack off. She gave small signals through the reins and the two performed a perfect canter pirouette. After that the pair moved into a set of flying changes down the centre line. Amelia made sure that she didn't let Tip Toe sway too far one way.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:53 am

Matt looked up and watched Amelia and Tip Toe for a moment, smiling. With another tap of his heels Ballad moved into a powerful, elevated collected canter, like a series of half rears. He turned down the diagonal and sat deep at X so that she was doing her extremely collected canter almost on the spot. Matt loosened the reins and nudged behind the girth twice. She did a perfect levade, holding her forelegs tightly under chest, her chin touching her chest, and held it for a few moments. He had taught Ballad most of the huate ecole manouvres and she was excellent at them, and they both laughed performing them. She landed and cantered along the diagonal, less collected than before, and made a showy flying change just before the corner. Her tail swished wildly and she cantered with a brilliant energy in each stride.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 am

Amelia slowed Tip Toe to a fast walk. She used the dressage whip just behind the girth and blocked with her hands. The mare lifted her front legs, displaying a gorgeous Spanish walk. Amelia remained in a prefect position even bareback. In the corner Amelia gave Tip Toe and small nudge behind the girth and blocked with her hands. Tip Toe bent her back legs and lifted of the ground. When she landed she flicked her tail and arched her neck. Tip Toe's brillant red bay coat looked metalic as she began to sweat slightly. Amelia praised the mare and gave her her head.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:15 am

Matt slowed to the walk, luaghing slightly. Ballad's perfectly arched neck and muscular build made her look more like a stallion rather than a mare. He walked over to Amelia, smiling. "Enough showing off, eh?" he remarked, patting Ballad's shining, dappled coat. She snorted contentedly and flicked her tail. "How about we go for a ride out in the forest?" he asked Amelia.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:20 am

Amelia smiled and raised her eyebrows quickly. "That sounds great." She legged the mare into a canter and headed for the gate. With a swift movement the mare soared over it and landed on the other side. Amelia turned her in a tight circle and halted, grinning back at Matt. She moved her leg back and Tip Toe responded with a rear, thrashing her forelegs out. The mare came down with a neigh and pawed at the ground, eager to go.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:30 am

Matt smirked and with single firm tap of his heels Ballad began her powerful, almost upright canter. On the same spot, barely moving his hands, he aided her into a perfect pirouette, each step precise and balanced. When she had finished Matt allowed her to go forward for one, collected stride before tapping her firmly behind the girth. Ballad reared up powerfully and leapt high into the air. She seemed to hover in the air with all four legs tucked underneath her body, then with amazing power she struck out with her hind legs. Matt had remained perfectly balanced and relaxed in the saddle and she landed with excellent balance and cantered over the gate. Matt shifted his wieght to the back of the saddle and Ballad halted, standing still as he opened the gate and walked through. He stroked her neck proudly before smiling at Amelia. "Would you like to lead the way?" he asked politely.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:35 am

Amelia laughed. "Only if you can follow me" She said teasingly. Tip Toe reared and spun at the same time. She launched forward with so much power from her back legs and burst into a flat out gallop. She moved her legs at incredible speed and her stride was big. Amelia lent forward and pressed her cheek to the mare's slick neck. They headed toward's their favourite spot. As the entered the trees Tip Toe neighed loudly, calling to Ballad, at the same time she picked up the pace, racing ahead.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next