Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn At The Stables

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Dawn At The Stables - Page 3 Empty Re: Dawn At The Stables

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:40 am

Though Ballad was faster than most Andalusians, she was much slower than Tip Toe. She reared and Matt pushed her forward into an enormously strided gallop, soaring after Amelia and Tip Toe. He could see their shape up ahead and pushed Ballad faster, not wanting to lose sight of them. They reached the trees quickly and Ballad called out a reply, loud and melodic. She had began to pant and Matt allowed her to slow down, hoping Amelia would realise that his mare, unlike Tip Toe, was built for strength instead of speed.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Location : Iscrit... Amongst countless other places in my head...

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:50 am

Amelia turned Tip Toe in a large circle, now cantering side by side with Ballad. She winked at Matt and smiled, showing perfect, white teeth. The girl looked ahead as the trees began to thin, ahead she could see it, halved by a sapphire blue stream was what she called, 'Horse head point' really it was just a bit of clear land shaped like the head of a horse. She slowed Tip Toe to trot then a walk and the mare stretched her head down.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am

Ballad sighed deeply as slowed to a walk, glad for the rest after the gallop. Matt looked around with awe, taking in the shining colours and calming sounds around him. The place was beautiful, and he couldn't believe he hadn't been here before. He looked over at Amelia, smiling. "This place is stunning! I can see why you come here." he said, looking again at the scenery. Ballad stretched her head towards the stream, eager for a drink.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 am

Amelia dismounted and took the bridle off Tip Toe who walked over to the stream and had a long drink. The girl hung the bridle on a low hanging branch and sat down in the lush green grass. She closed her eyes and soaked up the warm, comforting sun and listened to the sound of the water. Tip Toe snorted at her reflection and the water ripple. With a high pitched whinny the mare bolted off through the trees. Amelia opened her eyes slowly and watched the mare buck and pig-root before bursting into a gallop. She rolled her eyes and laughed at how much Tip Toe enjoyed all this.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:10 am

Ballad pawed excitedly and Matt dismounted, leading her over to the tree where Amelia's bridle hung. He unbridled her and unsaddled her, making sure to place his dressage saddle on a strong enough branch. He turned to Ballad and rubbed her forehead whispering to her, "Don't wander to too far and don't get yourself hurt." He smiled and watched as she turned and trotted over to Tip Toe, her ears pricked and her muscles rippling. Matt wandered over to Amelia and sat next to her, sighing as he did so.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:17 pm

The girl lent back onto her palms and smiled at Matt as he sat dow, hearing him sigh she wodered if something was wrong. "You ok?" She asked, curious. Tip Toe snorted and whinnied to Ballad before bolting off, out of sight. Amelia sat up straighter and brush some grass hay off her cream joddies.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Matt watched Tip Toe bolt away and shook his head a Ballad cantered lazily after her. He turned to Amelia and smiled gently. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just enjoying how peaceful this place is..." he replied, trailing off as he looked around the place once more. His eyes fell on Ballad and Tip Toe, almost completely hidden the trees. They reminded him of wild horses, wandering the forests for food, and he almost laughed. His grey mare wouldn't last a day away from the stables. He chuckled softly as she whinnied to him, her eyes bright and her coat covered in dappled shadows.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Amelia nodded then looked around. She could no longer see Tip Toe, only hear the beat of her feet as the mare cantered and bucked playfully. Shaking her head the girl spoke. "Tip Toe" She said in an even tone. The mare poked her head through the bush in front of Matt and Amelia and whinnied towards Amelia. "Come here nut-shell" she called to the mare who walked over towards Amelia, head low, looking into the girls eyes. She stretched her arm out to rub the mare on her nose then forehead.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:21 pm

Matt smiled at them before turning to look at Ballad and whistling. She raised her elegant head higher and cantered over to him, holding her head on the bit despite the lack of a bit. She slowed and stopped in front of him and stuck her muzzle against his chest. He rubbed her forehead, cheeks and between her ears, ruffling her forelock. She nickered lovingly and lifted her head to press her soft muzzle against his cheek. Ballad blew warm breath down his neck and Matt laughed, reaching up and patting her strong neck.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Amelia smiled glanced at Matt before running her finger's through the mare's slick mane. "Off you go" She said softly and the mare darted off again. "She is like a Jelly Bean" she said to Matt, not taking her eyes off the mare.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:16 am

Matt blinked. "A... Jelly bean?" he asked. Ballad looked over at Tip Toe and turned to follow her, swishing her tail and swiping his cheek. He laughed and waved a hand at her as she trotted away. He turned back to Amelia and raised an eyebrow.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:22 am

Amelia laughed, "Yes, a jelly bean, she doesn't stop bouncing" Amelia watched the two mares in the distances then moved her gaze to Matt as she felt him watching her. His eyebrows were raised, so she lifted hers too, grinning.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:26 am

Matt lowered his eyebrows and laughed freely. Ballad heard the sound and looked at him before turning back to nudge Tip Toe with her nose. He shook his head, still chuckling to himself. He wanted to say something to her, to start up a conversation, but he wasn't sure what or how. He watched the mares for a little while, listening to the sweet bird songs.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:29 am

Amelia stretched her legs out in front of her and lent back on her palms again. "So is Ballad your only horse?" She asked, curious. Tip Toe cantered around and whinnied to Ballad. She nudged the dappled mare before trotting off again.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:41 am

Matt slowly. "Yep." he answered, "And I don't think I'd ever buy another one. Maybe a foal. But I don't there's any horse I'd love as much as Ballad." He smiled to himself, lost in thoughts of his beloved mare. His thoughts wandered back to the jumping lesson and he chuckled. "Even though she has her flaws." He turned to Amelia, smiling. "Would you ever buy a third horse? It seems like a lot of work, I guess." he asked.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:47 am

Amelia frowned a minute, thinking quite deeply. "Well, yeah, I would, I was thinking of breeding Tip Toe and Mimic, get a nice warmblood out of these two" She paused. "I got Mimic before Tip Toe, but I love both the same. Tip Toe has had one foal before, gorgeous red bay filly used for dressage" She smiled and nodded towards Ballad. "Ever thought about breeding Ballad?"
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:01 am

Matt nodded slowly, thinking about the foal Amelia had mentioned. "She would've been a stunning filly." he said as his gaze wandered to Ballad. Breed her? The foal would be gorgeous, and would most likely have her sweet, placid temperament. But who to breed her to? He turned to Amelia, smiling. "Actually, I thinking breeding Ballad is a good idea. I'd love to see how the foal turns out. But, what breed should the stallion be?" he frowned, deep in thought again. "Andalusian, I suppose..." he sighed, thinking.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:07 am

Amelia had a brillant idea. "Ok, what about this, Iberian Sport Horse, Warmblood cross Andy, they are used for everything, from dressage, jumping, cross country, trick riding, you name it, it will do it. The foals are gorgeous not to mention that they also sell for a ton. The stand from 15-17hh and come in various colours, bay, grey, black, white, cremello etc." She shut up after realising she was talking too much but the girl was almost bouncing up and down.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:11 am

Matt laughed at her excitment, feeling the same way. "Yeah, I've heard a lot about them and I've always wanted one." he said, thinking for a moment, "It would be such a gorgeous foal, and I'd love a stallion...Hey, do you think I could..." He paused and shrugged, wondering how Amelia would respond to the idea. "Do you think I could breed Ballad with Mimic? He's such a beautiful stallion, and he has a lovely temperament." He smiled at her hopefully, already picturing what the foal would be like. Either grey or bay, and it would be very athletic. His smile grew.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:17 am

Amelia nodded. "That is who I was thinking, the foal will either be really dark bay with dapples or a dark grey" She paused for a minute then called out to Tip Toe who came trotting over. The girl stood up and mounted, weaving her fingers into Tip Toe's mane. "Come on, we will head back and I'll show you Mimic's papers" She was bubbling and Tip Toe knew something was up. The mare paced on the spot, throwing her head about.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:20 am

Matt stood up as Ballad trotted over and looked over at the tree where Tip Toe bridle hung. "Do you want me to carry that for you?" he asked. "And I'll have to saddle Ballad up. It won't take me too long." he continued, lifting Ballad's saddle and placing it gently on her back. He did up her girth and bridled her, images of Ballad's possible foal clear in his head. He mounted quickly but with usual gentleness and looked up at Amelia, his smile wide.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:27 am

"oops" Amelia quickly dismounted and took the bridle off Matt "Thanks" She turned to Tip Toe and slipped the brilde on gently. "Good girl" She praised the mare and mounted again. "Ok, ready?" She asked Matt, turning Tip Toe around to face the way home.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:30 am

Matt nodded and tapped his heels firmly against Ballad's sides. She leapt forward into her huge gallop and he hoped he'd be able to get a head start back to the stables. Her ears were pricked and she seemed to fly across the ground with her exceptional movement. He glanced over his shoulder to see if Amelia had caught, which she most likely had.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyStar Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:34 am

Tip Toe rose into a rear and galloped after Ballad and Matt. Amelia lent foward and legged Tip Toe on. The mare powered forward, tearing through the forest as it started thinning, ahead she could see the stables. The girl slowed Tip Toe as the pair were side by side with Matt and Ballad.
LillyStar
LillyStar

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:37 am

Matt smiled at Amelia for a moment before turning back to the stables. They galloped on out of the trees and across the stretch of grass near the arenas. Matt leant back and Ballad slowed as they came up to the arenas, and as he slowed to a trot he looked over at Amelia. "We'll untack quickly and I'll grab Ballad's papers while you grab Mimics, right?" he asked.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next