Everlasting Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying To Correct Her Life

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trying To Correct Her Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying To Correct Her Life

Post  OutcastAngel Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:26 am

April shook her head. "Don't worry about Pine Ranch." She said, shrugging. "The manager of K.C. called them 3 days ago and told them what happened, and they pretty much said you're fired. They said they'd file a complaint if you turned up on their property again, and Derek went over to get your trailer yesterday." She said, referring to the Manager's son. "All I can say is.... welcome to K.C." She said, smiling a little. "Oh, and Striker and Scotty are getting along.... a lot better than I thought they would. we put them out to paddock together yesterday afternoon, and they've become inseparable since." She said, laughing a little. "We're all kind of glad that you're out from under Pine Ranch's thumb.... the people over there are jack asses."
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:37 am

Kris couldn't beleive what she heard. She knew she'd be fired and figured they hated her... But she was hired at KC Ranch? What was weirder yet was Striker got along with another stallion? Jeez. Was the world coming to an end?
Kris sighed in relief and then smled lightly at April, "thank you"she said, "and i'm sorry for what I said to you the other night. You were only trying to help. I can't even make a valid excuse to why I said those things,"she said with an almost shaky laugh. It was then that her father waltzed back in, in a huff and Kris' expression turned sour as she said, "piss off. You aren't getting any money benefits,"she stood up and walked towards him slowly, "and even if There were. None of it would go to a sleezy old coot like you who has no interest in anything except drugs, alcohol and gambling. Do us all a favour and piss off out my life for good."she glared at him. She didn't care if she shouldn't say that to him. She never wanted to see him and now wasn't the time to show up.
His eyes showed nothing except hatred as Kris spoke and once she finished his hand came up in a swift flick and then down, enjoying every moment as Kris winced in anticipation and then his hand came in contact with her face and sent her stumbling to the side and he growled, "don't talk to me like that ever again!"
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:49 am

[OOC: Scotty's a Gelding.... =3= Like, No balls. "iNo impulsos sexuales!" xD]

OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 am

[still male..]
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:55 am

[Yeah, but he's not.... you know.... "manly." He doesn't have the testosterone running through him like Striker does. xD]

Barely a second passed after Kris had been hit that a scraping noise sounded, followed by a sickening crunch and a howl of pain as April had gotten up out of her chair and her knuckles had come into direct contact with Kris's father's nose. The cartilage shattered and blood went everywhere on his face. The force of the punch was so strong that he would stagger backwards a little bit and out of the curtain. "Who the FUCK do you think you are, laying a hand on her, you jackass? You'd better get the hell out of here before I decide that the ability to snort crack isn't the only privilege you'll lose."

April could keep her cool over a lot of things, but seeing a man like this one, smack a girl, especially when that girl happened to be one of her friends, was something that could get the red-head into a rage faster than anything else in the world of what she knew pissed her off. She waited 10 seconds for him to get up and run, but when he was half-way to his feet, she decided he wasn't fast enough and aimed a kick at his thigh which, because she had not really been aiming for his thigh, landed right on target, the toe of her boot dug into the crotch of his pants and lifted him a few feet up off the ground and down the hallway.

April watched him get back to his feet and run down the hallway and out of sight. Breathing hard, she tore the curtains closed and sat down on the chair she had just left, still glowering over what had just happened. Though she reached down a hand to help Kris up and when she spoke, her voice was even. "You alright?"

Last edited by OutcastAngel on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:02 am

[haha yeah i know what ya mean but Striker usually doesn't like anything male when it comes to animals other then humans. whther they are gelded/desexed or not]
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 am

[Oh well, Scotty's too much of a pussy to fight anything. XD and btw, I posted on pg. 2.]
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:16 am

Kris said nothing after her father hit her. What surprised her though was April getting up and punching in the nose and telling him off. Kris blinked in shock and then as April helped her out she realised she had landed on her broken hand and she swore under her breath, something along the lines of 'mother fucking shit!' but she just looked at April and then glanced away and said, "yeah, i'm fine.."she satyed silent for a long while before she looked back at April, eyes honest as she said, "thanks for that. Noone usually has the guts to stand against him.."
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:02 am

April snorted vehemently. "Yeah? Well apparently, they've never had to go whoring themselves from street to Chicago street, beating off perverts, while trying to raise a 3 month old baby." She said. "I've seen a lot of crappy shit in my life, but there's nothing that pisses me off quite like an asshole that stoops to the low of hitting a girl.Her brown eyes hardened. "And yes, I was a prostitute. I was a stupid girl, just like you, with a daddy that tried to raise me strict, but I knew what he'd done to my mom... She was a singer for this jazz club in New Orleans... they fell in love, she got pregnant, they got married and... well.... things went downhill from there." April sighed and looked down. "She died when I was 6, and suddenly, I was daddy's little girl... just another slut he could strangle. The more I grew up, the tighter he held onto me until..."

April raised up her skirt a tiny bit and pulled down the stockings on her right leg, just enough for Kris to see the ugly scar on her thigh. ".... I was 14." She fixed her clothing and looked away, a disgusted emotion filling her eyes. "... The whole time he was shouting that I was getting what I deserved and that I was a whore... Funny thing was that I'd never even thought of it 'till then. He's serving a life sentence in prison now." She shook her head and wiped away the beginnings of the tears in her eyes, sniffling. "Every time I see a girl getting beaten by a guy, I think of my father... and what he did to me." Turning to Kris, her eyes hardened once more and the anger returned. "I don't give a fuck who he is, I'll kick the ass in of any guy that tries to hurt the people I care about."
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 am

Kris listened as April spoke, surprised about how bad her life really was. As she finshed speaking though, Kris suddenly leaned in and hugged April gently, as to not hurt her ribs. She then whispered, "i'm sorry.."like if she said anymore she just might break in her arms. After a few moment though Kris suddenly felt embarrassed and she pulled back quickly and looked away, "uh, sorry"she muttered

[sorry, i've got to go. it's 2:10AM and i'm just a widdle bit tired =] sorry again. night luvs ya]
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Smiling, the red-head hugged Kris back, and then sat back on her chair. 'Don't worry about it- I've been on my own for 11 years now, so we're fine. The bastard's getting what he deserved in the first place, and I really don't give a fuck if your bastard of a father tries to sue me for assault. Quite simply, I can take a picture of that bruise on your face and submit it as evidence against him." She snorted. "He'll get at least 5 years, and a restraining order, if not anything else. And if he tries anything more to hurt you in the time between now and when we take this to court, I'll be glad to tan his hide again." She growled, digging her nails into the arms of her chair as she thought of him.

Sighing, April relaxed and popped a crick out of her neck. Leaning back once more, she smiled. "But yeah, you're welcome to stay with me in my house. We just got to ask Davin first, since he also lives in my house and he has as much right to decide as I do." She smiled.
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Chris smiled at April as she said it was fine for her to stay with her but Davin needed to agree with them. Chris smiled and nodded, "sure."she said. She watched as April fell silent and she sighed softly, "what's wrong?"she asked.. Was she thinking twice about hitting her father even after saying that? She sure hoped not. She hoped that her father would go to jail. She absolutely hated him.
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 pm

April smiled back. "It's nothing, just remembering my mother. She was an amazing woman, able to put up with that kind of crap and not break, or become suicidal... Cancer took her from both of us." April fell silent and then shook her head, sighing. "You could say that Davin saved me. I was a wild little bitch, no stability, living on the streets, and off the kindness of strange men. I let them do whatever they wanted to me, as long as I got paid for it, or was allowed to stay in their houses for a minimal amount of time. Getting pregnant was a slap in the face to me. I realized just how much I have to lose, and I straightened out my life. I was lucky to get picked up by a man that worked at KC Ranch. His name was trevor, and he offered me a job at the place he worked. To be honest, I was a little iffy about horses and working in a place that involved hard labor, but.... I had fallen in love with a good man, and he was a good father to Davin. As far as davin knows, that man had been his father."

April paused for a moment to take a deep breath, then continued. ".... last year, one of the breeding stallions that he was in charge of, reared up too early during the breeding season, and one of the hooves struck him in the head, cracked his skull open. Died instantly." Another tear came to her eyes and she brushed it away hastily. She tried to smile and failed miserably, however, She didn't seem to want to cry anymore, so she looked away and shrugged. "Meh... it's old wounds."
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:46 am

Kris listened to April and watched as the sadness and regret washed over her features. Kris sighed softly and then said, "You don't have to hide anymore, April.."Kris said softly and cautiously. She meant she didn't have to hide her emotions and that she could be weak. Kris suddenly went wilent and she stared at the doorway for a long moment. Her father walked into the room and towards them. Though he stopped about a metre from April and glared at Kris with hateful eyes. Kris met his gaze and yet she was the one to look away before him. Kris sighed softly and looked at April for a moment before staring at her lap. What a tense atmosphere..
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 am

April's countenance changed like lightning when Kris's father came back into the room. "If you haven't come back to apologize, I suggest you get out of here, before I call the police and have THEM remove you." She growled out, pure hatred on her face as she looked at him. Her tone said it all- she meant what she said, and she didn't give a damn what he thought about it. "Get out." She repeated. It was amazing how she could make 2 simple words sound so powerful.

If he didn't listen to her the second time, April would get to her feet and take a step towards him in a threatening manner. At that same moment, Davin came back into the room. He took one look at his mother and ran to Kris, cowering slightly, since he KNEW that the expression on her face meant. Someone was in for great physical pain.
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:12 am

Kris watched April and then saw Davin rush to her and cower from the two. She wrapped an arm protectively around him and watched. Her father stayed where he was and then, out of nowhere, despite his age he was beside Kris in an instant and one hand grabbed her free hand and the other wrapped itself around Kris' thin throat tightly. Kris could have pushed him away or something but she refused to let Davin go. She didn't care if she died as long as he was safe. Kris' grip around Davin tightened slightly incase he tried to move. Even as the oxygen inside her disappeared she refused to do anything.
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 am

April reacted just as quickly. The moment Kris's father made for not only kris, but also her son, she let out a sound like a roaring tiger and punched him in the side of the face so hard that it would send the man flying into the wall. She didn't stop there, either. Leaping down, she pinned the man down and proceeded to punch every inch of him that she could reach. "Don't- you- ever- touch- my- son- again!" She screamed.A nurse or two came running in to pull her off of him, but she was still struggling to reach him. "Get off of me, I'm going to kill him! How dare he try to touch my kid!" She glared at him, her shirt was ripped from struggling and her hair was frizzed a little, giving her a wild look as she bared her teeth at him. A doctor came in with a stretcher and 2 more nurses picked up Kris's father, who was now nothing more than a bloody pile of flesh, and carried him off. Only when he was well out of her sight, did April calm down. She straightened her shirt and began to brush out her hair. The doctor was talking about a possible legal action taken against her. "It doesn't matter! I don't care how many years I get for beating the crap out of that moldy toe-rag! Nobody touches my son." She retorted to the doctor's worried comments.
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:26 am

Kris felt her father's hands let go of her and she gasped for air. She looekd at Davin and asked, "you okay?" and then looked over at her father and April.. Jeez. She didn't want to get on her bad side.. Kris watched as nurses rushed her father out of the room and she snorted despite it being her father. She didn't give a shit about him. Kris looekd at the doctors and then stood up and walked voer to them, "April was protecting her son and me."she siad, glancing at April and the doctors asked what had happened and she explained.. They all nodded and then walked out to speak to eachother. Kris sighed heavily and then looked at Davin, "i'm sorry.."she said, towards April.
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 am

April shook her head and opened her arms for Davin to come hug her. He did so, still shaking somewhat after the man had attacked him and Kris. April held him close to her and lifted him up into her arms. "Shhh.... it's alright. someone had to deal with that asshole. I'm just glad today's you're last day here. You can come move in with me and Davin tomorrow. Davin looked up excitedly. 'Does that mean Kris is gon' live wiff us?" He asked, smiling widely. When April nodded, he gave a great whoop of laughter and started to dance around a little out of happiness. April laughed as she watched him.
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 am

Kris laughed lightly at Davin and reached over, ruffling his hair lightly. She then looked at April and then asked, "aren't you atleast a little suspicious of me? With me being an ex-con and all, and having a father like that...?" she didn't blame her if she did. It would be naturual. It'd be best if she was anyway.. For her sake.
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:50 am

April shrugged, nonchalantly. "No need to be. If you did anything I didn't appprove of, it'd just hurt yourself- I'd kick you out in 3 minutes flat." She said, smiling a little. "Besides. Not many people are stupid enough to get on my bad side, and just because you're dad was, doesn't mean you are." April winked at her, then smiled and looked at her watch. "Mmm, Alright, bedtime squirt. Come here, I'll make you a bed." She went to the closet in the room and pulled out a few blankets, making a pallet on the floor for herself and Davin.
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:54 am

Kris watched as April said it was bestime for Davin then she started to ask if they were leaving. Then April pulled out blankets and made a pallet for her and Davin... "You're staying here for the night?"Kris asked, astonished, "but why?" Kris sat on her bed and looked at the two... What were they thinking? It was a bloody hospital!
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:26 am

"Why not?" April asked her, smiling as she got down pillows from the closet as well and put down 3, one for Davin and 2 of herself. "Might as well, it's already 1 am. I don't feel like driving home." She took off her bra and laid down on the pallet with Davin laying down beside her, still in his clothes from the day. She helped him take off his shoes and took off her own. Once they were both laying down, April looked up at Kris. "Goodnight." She whispered, since Davin had fallen asleep quickly.
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  ginganinja Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:34 am

Kris sighed softly as April said goodnight and she laid down and then reached over and flicked the switch for the light. The room went dark and Kris quickly fell asleep.

Early morning, before Davin or April awoke, Kris woke up. She quickly was dressed into normal clothes and she walked out the room and down the hall. Noone noticed, thinking she was just a visitor or someone for a checkup. She pondered whether to leave but decided against it. April and Davin might grow worried if they couldn't find her at all. So she just went outside the hospital and watched as the sun rose. She leaned against a tree with a sigh and wondered what she'd do now..

Last edited by ginganinja on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ginganinja
ginganinja

Back to top Go down

Post  OutcastAngel Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:04 pm

(.........................)
OutcastAngel
OutcastAngel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content